Hi from Blonde Gem

BlondeGem

Gold Member
Hi everyone!

Been lurking for a bit until I was ready to make a fresh start, food wise and exercise wise (again! Been on this road too many times to mention).

This time I need to really try. Been told by my Dr that I have high BP, am at high risk of getting diabetes and in general I am pretty unhealthy. This has been a big kick up the bottom for me.

Look forward to joining in on the boards, thanks for reading! :)

Hiya and welcome...

Ive recently joined WW again and definitely need kick up the bum!:D
Determined to get there though.

Good luck with your weight loss journey.

Blue :)

I wish you all the best with your weight loss. High blood pressure and diabetes is the best reason to get healthy. Just keep focused and remind yourself of why you're doing it and you'll be very successful indeed. ^^

Absolutely! It's been a huge wake up call :eek:

I can imagine! My aunt had the same problems a few years back (although she actually got the diabetes before she changed her ways), but she went on to lose a lot of weight and change her eating habits for the long term. She decided to do a 7 day detox first, which helped balance out her blood sugar, and she said that she felt that her food cravings were a lot less than when she had attempted dieting previously, so that might be something that will help you too. I think it was a raw detox that she did.

Back