Hi from Germany!!!

Hi, Im really struggeling.
I liuve in Germany and in about 3/4 year I lost just about 12 pounds....
I noticed that a lot of u r losing this in a week or two....
Im wondering if its because of having different food here.... Really frustrating.... :-(
Anyone could help me???
Thanks,
Katja

Hi!
I'm not in Germany - no it's not the different food. It's normal to lose about 1kg per week.
You have just as much lovely healthy food in Germany as we do in France! Step away from the sausages hahaha!
Show us a typical day's food and maybe someone can help you. Good luck!

hi Katya..
iv moved to germany also.. and put on weight and everyone i know who comes to germany puts on weight! i defo think its the food its just not the same here and its hard trying to get used to it so i know where u are coming from

Hi Ladies (and Gents)...
I have been considering joining SW online and was wondering who else is doing this? Are there any local meetings in Germany? I noticed a couple of you stating that you belong to the "(town name)" group... I feel like I have been living under a rock as I have been in Germany for over 10 years and have NEVER heard of SW or any groups here.

I have done WW in the past and did quite well - however, I am totally over counting points and documenting every piece of food to pass my lips... I found it a bit tricky to do properly especially since I work 40 hours a week and travel quite a lot.

I would be interested in hearing your stories and successes regarding SW as I haven´t quite joined yet...

Hi Aussie Mon im gussing a lot of people who attend group here in germany are part of the british forces

Hi Aussie Mon im gussing a lot of people who attend group here in germany are part of the british forces

So does that mean you do have actual meetings and stuff? Or most doing it online and just getting together to catch up? I am about to sign up online, but am just a bit worried that I´ll fall off the band wagon if I´m not going to meetings... Are you doing SW online too?

We attend proper SW meetings. I don’t think I could just doit online I need the threat of stepping on those scales in front of our c eachweek to keep me on the straight and narrow!! but sure give it a go maybe because youv paid upfront it might make you stick at it better

Hi. I am also in Germany with the British forces and attend a class each week too. I find it really hard to get ingredients for cooking with, the language barrier scares me. I am regularly seen In marktkauf with my phone open on my translator app :). I love Lidl for fruit and veg, and frozen garlic is fabulous

Hi...I know this is quite an old thread but I thought I might be able to help. I am German and have been living in the UK since 2004. I have joined SW 6 weeks ago and lost 12.5 pounds so far.
I would be more than happy to help with any questions regarding UK foods that you struggle to find an equivalent in Germany or any other questions about German food or Germany in general.

Hi strawberryshortcake, i'm currently living in the UK, have been doing SW (again) for about 7 weeks now and have lost 13.5 pounds about to head out to Germany next week, have been researching and finding it tough to figure out what I can and can't eat while i'm out there, free food and healthy extras wise, if you could shed any light on this, it would be great!

Hi romantically_thirsty...first of all well done on your fantastic loss...I'm having a weigh in tomorrow and hope I'll make the stone...have had a couple of bad weeks, so could really do with a good loss!!!!

How long will you be staying in Germany? Are you just going for a holiday or will you stay for longer. Trying to work out what food you will have access to!

Let me know and I'll be able to come up with some ideas what to have and where to be careful.

Back