Hi Guys

Hi guys, another newbie to your gang :). Strange my story seems a lot like everyone elses here. Mine began by succeeding in giving up smoking and suddenly food became it's replacement. At first I was ok with it, suddenly all my clothes started to feel not so snug but stiffling. Who am I kidding I thought time to do wage war.

So now I have plucked up the courage to join Slimming World, was a bit scared as I am not to look at extremely overweight but hey guys if you jump from 9 stone to 12 there's clearly a problem that needs to be addressed right? Plus I hate any form of shopping I refuse to purchase more new clothes when I have a wardrobe full of things that are in very good condition seems wasteful.

Wishing you all every success in your wars

x:wavey::wavey::wavey:

Hi Misscmhomer! Congratulations on quitting smoking. That's a huge investment in your health and your life. By quitting smoking you have proved you have the willpower to succeed. Use that same resolve now to succeed in losing the weight, and I'm sure you will do just fine!

Aw thanks guys. I know food is most def the lesser of the two evils. However with lots of focus and support we WILL get there:D. As I can see you two are doing extremely well big cheers for team us ey? xx

misscmhomer said:
Hi guys, another newbie to your gang :). Strange my story seems a lot like everyone elses here. Mine began by succeeding in giving up smoking and suddenly food became it's replacement. At first I was ok with it, suddenly all my clothes started to feel not so snug but stiffling. Who am I kidding I thought time to do wage war.

So now I have plucked up the courage to join Slimming World, was a bit scared as I am not to look at extremely overweight but hey guys if you jump from 9 stone to 12 there's clearly a problem that needs to be addressed right? Plus I hate any form of shopping I refuse to purchase more new clothes when I have a wardrobe full of things that are in very good condition seems wasteful.

Wishing you all every success in your wars

x:wavey::wavey::wavey:

I also weigh on a Wednesday and just found this encouraging place but do not fully understand my way about yet as when I clic profile and message I get access denied Why can anyone help!!
Would be pleased to share recepies etc but I need to know what is what and how to in an idiot guide's way a bit of a technophob

Hi BC201,

As newbies we are restricted on what we can do on this site at the moment. I found it helpful by popping on the FAQ page. The longer we are here the more we will be able to access on the site. So keep posting and most of all good luck on your weightloss journey. I'll keep an eye out for you on Wednesday xx

Hi Misscmhomer! Congratulations on quitting smoking. That's a huge investment in your health and your life. By quitting smoking you have proved you have the willpower to succeed. Use that same resolve now to succeed in losing the weight, and I'm sure you will do just fine!

Yes, couldn't agree more! If you can quit smoking you can certainly use that will power for your weight loss :) Good luck for your weight loss, it doesn't matter if it's 1st or 10st it's still a diet and still something new to adapt to.

Well 3 weeks in the reality of the said diet has hit me. This is a life life style change NOT a diet, so now obv the excitement has wore off and now I need to start working hard. Trying to discover new food favourites, thank god for the recipe books. I have become a little more bold and have begun cooking things I would never have dreamt of contemplating in eating :). Big Go Me whoop X

Best of luck xxxx

Back