Hi Happy Holidays. How was Barcelona?

fillymum

synful soul
Nice to see you back.

How was Barcelona ??? I thought of you a lot whilst you were here as I am only 4 hours down the road.

Hi it was fantastic, it's the best holiday I've had for ages.

We did so much, we went to the Dali museum at Figures, that was just amazing, and well worth the trip.

We were staying in Vilanova & on Wednesday the Spanish cycle tour ended there which we watched, very exciting.

We went to Tarragona, again very nice.

Monseratt is so beautiful, after mass & listening to the choir we walked for about 1.5hrs up to St Jeroni, a long hard walk which is mostly steps & it was about 30 degree heat:eek:

Also behind were we were staying was a nature park, one evening we went walking there, the views were amazing.

Barcelona was fantastic, the buildings are beautiful. We took the tour bus all around the green & red routes, we didn't get off just stayed on & admired the scenery (?), on the last day we walked through the Ramblas (which Bob kept calling rambles & really anoyed me, why can't they get it right!!!!!!!!!) down to the port & took the cable car up to the football stadium & then walked back to the railway station, stopping off for a beer:rolleyes:

But what I really liked was that they let me try out my spanish & didn't speak english to me. We have a place in Fuerteventura & they always speak english to me, so consequently my spanish just doesn't improve:cool:

And to top it all off it was a cheapy holiday, the flights weren't too expensive & we booked the accomodation using 'the Sun holidays from £9.50' tokens.

I just wish we had have stayed a little longer I'd like to have gone walking a bit more. And if I've put an ounce on this week at WI I'll cry with all the walking we did. I was absolutely bushed on Friday;)

My word you did pack a lot in. That is quite some traveling. You certainly made the most of your time there.

Barcelona is just so fantastic. I used to drive there just to go to my favourite shopping centre and the Marks and Sparks that used to be there have lunch and then drive home. 8 hours driving in total. Then the recession hit us...................but never fear I will be there again before Christmas.

Your accommodation was a bargain.

Back