hi! help! and a few questions : )

slushy

Silver Member
Hi All

Well from the number of posts I have made, the amount of time I have been on mini's and a quick search of my posts - you will see I am a serial dieter - always get quick success followed by equally quick failure and regain.

I always have gone for the quick fix option at times when I have had an event or occasion I needed to be slim for - and then once thats over - I gorge again and put it all - and more - back on.

I have just been to see my other half in the USA - its a long story but for the time being he is there and I am in the uk - so we only get to spend about a week together every 6 to 8 weeks. Of course the time we spend together feels like a celebration so I always allow myself to be a piggywiggy. Had a great time but ate and drank way too much and he actually likened my body to another woman we met while out - and he called her full figured - but when I saw her I couldnt believe I am same size as her as in my eyes she was HUGE!!

Anyway - having at one time or anther done VLCDs, WW, Atkins - - I am now at my heaviest weight ever and I THINK at my lowest point ever.

When I weighed myself yesterday morning I was devasatated at what the scales read - so I got up and made tea and then used that tea to wash down a whole packet of hobnob creams. I am still feeling totally disgusted with myself - sitting here with red puffy eyes from a good long cry - and fighting the urge to try and do CD/W8 again - as I know I never follow it through to the end and hence always regain at refeed.

Anyway to commit myself - I forked out £90 last night to regsister for three months online membership at SW. Due to my job and odd working hours - time out of the country etc - I cant commit to local groups.

I doubt my books will be here with me till after the holiday weekend - so I have printed off the free foods, super free foods and Hex sheets - and I intend to start EE tomorrow.

I understand about 1/3 superfree making up each meal etc but have a few questions before I start toimorrow morning - which I cant find answers to and I wondered if someone would mind helping me out:

a) I drink GALLONS ie about 8 cans diet coke daily and think this needs to be cut way down - can someone tell me if any flavoured waters are allowed as unlimited free drinks ?

b) mugshots ...... I have to take my own food to work and intend to take boxes made up of salads veggies lean protein etc - but can i eat one mugshot a day as a snack ( IF i really need one? - sometimes i do 14 or 15 hour duty days)? and are they free on EE?

c) I have worked out a possible menu for tomorrow and wondered if it sounds ok?

B: scan bran topped with tomatoes and laughing cow lights - tea with skim milk = Hex-a Hex-b 0.5 syn

Lunch: big salad with chicken, fat free dressing, fruit

Dinner: stir fried turkey, noodles and stir fry veg with free condiments . low fat yoghurt.

evening syn snack = curly wurly

oh and on EE - how one arth do you get 1/3 of your plate full of superfree foods for breccy?

hope someone can help - ty in advance

Hi All

Firstly sending you big hugs hon

a) I drink GALLONS ie about 8 cans diet coke daily and think this needs to be cut way down - can someone tell me if any flavoured waters are allowed as unlimited free drinks ? - not sure which flavour waters are allowed however I drink lots of no added sugar squash, and have a bit of pop

b) mugshots ...... I have to take my own food to work and intend to take boxes made up of salads veggies lean protein etc - but can i eat one mugshot a day as a snack ( IF i really need one? - sometimes i do 14 or 15 hour duty days)? and are they free on EE? yep if something is free on either a red or green its free on ee

B: scan bran topped with tomatoes and laughing cow lights - tea with skim milk = Hex-a Hex-b 0.5 syn

Dinner: stir fried turkey, noodles and stir fry veg with free condiments . low fat yoghurt.

oh and on EE - how one arth do you get 1/3 of your plate full of superfree foods for breccy?

Looks good hon - if i am not having fruit for brekki i dont panic as i have the fruit as a snack in the day. My consultant says try to aim for 1/3 throughout the day. Snack on sf first if possible too

Hi All

a) I drink GALLONS ie about 8 cans diet coke daily and think this needs to be cut way down - can someone tell me if any flavoured waters are allowed as unlimited free drinks ? As long as they are sugar free/no added sugar and low in calories they are fine. So for example I drink the Asda and Tesco ones.

b) mugshots ...... I have to take my own food to work and intend to take boxes made up of salads veggies lean protein etc - but can i eat one mugshot a day as a snack ( IF i really need one? - sometimes i do 14 or 15 hour duty days)? and are they free on EE? Not all of them are free. The free pasta ones are: Minestrone, Tomato and Herb, and Roast Chicken. The free noodle ones are: Chow Mein, Chicken, and Spicy Sweet and Sour. The other varieties range from 1/2 syn to 3 1/2 syns.

I try and have some fruit for breakfast or I snack on fruit throughout the day.

Good luck :)
xxx

Its easy to get 1/3rd Superfree into breakfast - you have tomatoes and mushrooms with your 'fry up' or top your cereal with fruit.

I know alot of consultants say just have your 1/3rd superfree throughout the day but its totally defeating the point of the superfree rule to do it that way. Not sure why some consultants say it and others don't. Mine made a point of saying it is not the case a few weeks ago after clarification from head office.

The whole point of 1/3rd superfree is to naturally lower the amount of calories you consume in a meal. If you don't fill a third of your plate with superfree, then its entirely possible that you would eat as much as you did before you were on plan. Good example would be my breakfast at the weekend. I have 1/3rd tomatoes & mushrooms, then a couple of bits of bacon, and a couple of poached eggs, and maybe some beans. Before SW I would never have had the veg, I would have had 4 bits of bacon, and about 4 sausages as well. I can't fit it all on my plate anymore, so I don't eat it. However if i didn't put the superfree on I would probably fill the rest of the plate with non superfree foods.

On your menu - sounds good - but have you ever eaten scanbran before? I cant stand the stuff personally and would aviod at all costs!

On your menu - sounds good - but have you ever eaten scanbran before? I cant stand the stuff personally and would aviod at all costs![/QUOTE]

I on the other hand quite like a bit of scan bran and have it with laughing cow lights on, sometimes a bit of jam on top or a slice of ham or something.

Good luck with it, sounds like you're pretty much sorted, this is a great forum to keep coming to for support etc.

I would recommend a food diary or weight loss diary, somewhere so people can see your food and give advice, also you can blow off steam to people who understand and advise if necessary.

I also work shifts and when at work do 13.5 hour shifts, I still go to class cos I think it helps me along, usually find I gain if I don't stay.

Sounds great menu to me!
I drink WAY too much d coke too and I know I need to cut down, but it is free so not the worse thing slimming wise to be drinking....although I know its not the best thing generally to be drinking, but I like to justify my over-drinking of it! ;-)

I wouldnt worry too much about the diet coke as its free... Low calorie flavoured water would be free... perfectly clear is free i belive

with breakfast start your day off with a banana or some other fruit to make your 1/3 and THEN eat the rest of your breakfast... REMEMBER STOP WHEN YOU FEEL FULL, if your not sure if you feel full and think maybe pop your food down have a drink and see if you feel full or not

Your tomatos are 1/3 if they are covering your scan bran

I would worry about the diet coke (just to be awkward lol) It has a diuretic effect so, while you may pee like a horse, it can leave you dehydrated. Your body will compensate for this by retaining fluids and make you bloated. You need to stay well hydrated to keep your shrinking skin in good condition and your metabolism in good nick.

I agree with silly sausage, its the caffeine thats the problem, plays havoc with your blood sugars which makes you eat more rubbish.
I stopped it and had a great week weight loss :)

I usually do green with a few red days here & there so don't really do EE; are bananas superfree? I thought they were just free.

All fruit is superfree, but nana's are one of the few that aren't superspeed (like mangoes and watermelon)

On the diet coke front - just cos its free on SW doesn't necesarily mean it that good for you. Have you seen the E numbers in it? Scarey - and as mentioned above, too much caffeine is not good for you. Suppose you could have the caffeine free diet coke, but thats a bit like having a skinny decaf latte for me - you've taken ALL the good stuff out!

No Added Sugar Squash is fine- be careful with favoured water as some are actually quite high in syns.

Thanks all - I really appreciate your help - I have been shopping and got no added sugar squashes but no DC so wish me luck as I will more than likely get withdrawal symptoms lol

seriously though - ty for answering my questions so quickly

i agree about the diet coke- in fact i would say my best losses have been when i have stopped drinking it. i have it now as a treat...

Ooooh good luck giving up the DC....I know I should but I can't bring myself to stop it yet! I will get the eating habits right first and then tackle the DC!!

mmmmm now i want some diet coke ! lol

Good luck slushy. Sounds like you have had the same sort of wake up call many of us have had.
SW is a great plan as you can eat well, mostly don't have to obsess with weighing foods and it does work. It isn't a quick fix, but no health eating plan is.

Cutting the dc will be very good for you. A lot of people here swear by the NAS. Though I'm more a fresh water person myself.

Good luck!

Back