hi help please

Hi I'm new. Confused as to which diet to go with. Money is tight and I'm incredibly busy with work (12 hour shifts) and trying my best to care for my mum too. Recently lost my dad and my motivation. Any advice greatly appreciated x

Hiya! Sorry to hear about your Dad, I hope your Mum is ok.

Personally, I don't think you can beat calorie counting, especially if you can't afford to join a group. I've lost over 11 stone calorie counting, so it's naturally going to be my recommendation, lol. Good luck. :) xx

Hi thanks for the reply. I'm thinking of making a very low calorie vegetable soup. Want to try eating it before meals to help fill me up as I have a huge appitite. You have done so well I hope I have the same will power. I eat on the go a lot which doesn't help. Just grab anything that's easy to eat which I know is a huge mistake thank you again xx

joanne430468 said:
Hi thanks for the reply. I'm thinking of making a very low calorie vegetable soup. Want to try eating it before meals to help fill me up as I have a huge appitite. You have done so well I hope I have the same will power. I eat on the go a lot which doesn't help. Just grab anything that's easy to eat which I know is a huge mistake thank you again xx

Thank you! My biggest piece of advice would be not to eat too little - that's really vital for success. Try to track your calories and make sure you have at least 1,200 calories a day. :) xx

It's been so long since I last went on a diet. I went to ww then and did really well. But the weight has gradually creapt back on. Will have to check all of the calories as I cook I can't remember any. Will have to plan in advance and maybe freeze food to take to work xx

I think planning and sticking to it is vital, you don't need to spend a fortune. Go to Aldi and buy loads of fruit and veg make a big pan of nice hearty thick veg soup, (I'm going to make a slow cooker full of spicy butternut squash soup today) I also buy whatever fruits cheapest, chop it up and make a big bowl of fresh fruit salad, add a little sweetener and keep it in the fridge to snack on and have as dessert and on my cereal, aldi big pot of fat free plain yoghurt is less than 50p and you can eat it with fruit or add it to soups and sauces to make them creamy. Good luck

Back