Hi I am new and would LOVE for someone...

ReaRea86

...to help me understand the diet. I have been on it for 2 days so far (second day). I cannot believe I can lose weight eating the amount i do! How does it work?

Thanks
Marie

:hug99:Hi Marie, the slimming world plan is totally amazing. The thoughts that you have now, I think, everyone has thought that when they first start the plan. You never ever have to feel hungry, and the amount of food you have to weigh and measure is minimal compared to some diets.

It works by consuming loads of low density, low calorie foods that fill you up and satisfy you for longer.

Keep a food diary on here, and people will check in on you and point you in teh right direction if your going wrong. There's loads of food diaries on this sight that you could look at and get ideas from.

You really can eat loads and still lose weight. You might not believe it now, but wait until your first weigh-in...you'll be soooo surprised.

Good luck, and keep us posted xx

Yep I agree completely, no one including me can believe the choice of food I have on SW.

I think the biggest change is the way you prepare the food you used to eat. For example I used to have tuna pasta salad for lunch before SW and I still have it while following SW. The difference is the sauce I use; used to use gallons of mayo, and now I know I can have mayo but its about controling the amount I have, I now try not to go OTT on the pasta and I use wholemeal pasta and lots of lots of superfree food.

The amazing thing about SW and this site is that all the food you used to love to eat you still can because you are almost guaranteed to find an SW friendly recipe somewhere.

Enjoy the amount of food you can have because its all about making the right choices and enjoying the naughty stuff within the plan and without guilt.

Sorry for the long post, I just love SW and enjoy going on about it xx

:D

sorry didn't give you any scientific reason but I do believe its more about controling you eating and enjoying it rather then seeing food as the enemy x

Hi Marie,

Firstly welcome and congrats on starting SW! I'm pretty new myself so don't have all the answers but as strange as it sounds it is true you can lose weight and eat well!

From what I can figure out the reason it really works is that the foods you are allowed to eat are a)low in calories or b) high in fibre or c)have the ability to make you feel fuller for longer. Obviously as you cook in a much more healthy way without oils and saturated fats this automatically reduces your daily calorie intact substantially. The syns are calculated in a way that even using your full allotment in a week is not enough to bring you over the daily recommended calorie intact to lose weight.

Also, you should eat until you are full not stuffed if that makes sense. You'll get used to it and believe me it does work!

Oh yes it certainly does work and the food is so enjoyable. What with 3 plans,Healthy Extras,unlimited free food and filling up with superfree food, plus your syns you are unlikely to go hungry. And if you follow the plan properly you will lose weight. Enjoy!

Back