Hi, i have over 12 stones to lose and would like some support.

I joined Weight Watchers last night AGAIN, i weight 24st 3lbs :cry:. I lost 2 stone at the begining of last year and have regained it all, i feel so angry at myself now as i worked so hard. I would love to chat to others who have lots to lose so we can support and encourage each other to keep going. I really need to do this as we would really like to have one more child before i am too old. I am 33 at the moment. I look forward to getting to know you all. x

Well done for starting your journey! I know exactly how you feel ive done near enough the exact same thing and ive tried to diet inbetween then and now but i had a negative attitude when i did them (always putting myself down about the gain and thinking about where i would have been if i had stuck to it) which meant they didnt last long because i didnt put my all into it! Youve just got to forget that now and think "I am starting from now, what ever happened in the past is done with and I AM going to do it this time!"
I started slimming world 3 weeks ago. Ive got 11 stone 13 pounds to loose (ive lost the 13 pounds up to now =D). I am just trying my hardest to keep myself motivated and putting my all into it. I found a story about somebody on the same diet who was not much bigger than me and lost 12 stone in 16 months so I just keep telling myself "If she can do it I can do it!" So maybe have a little look at somebody similar to you in success stories or on the weight watchers website??
Hope ive helped you a little bit and havent waffled on too much!
I wish you the best of luck! =D

Hello there, shame about the past loss/gain but that's just what it is the past, wish you all the best, here's to a lighter future.

I started weightwatchers November 2011 weighing 22st 13. I have lost 26 lbs so far and it's going ok. Short term goal is to get under 20 stone, and then take the rest a stone at a time.

Found lots of inspiration on here. Good Luck on the plan.

40 yrs old on ww, lost 8.5 pound in 2 wks. Started at 19 stone 5.5, now am 18 stone 11....I also wanna lose 10 stone ideally...good luck everyone...* :)

Welcome, Rainbow Mum. I have lost weight and put more on several times. I was c23stone last summer - not sure exactly as didn't weigh myself.

I have decided that as I diet, I must also notice what I need to know to stay at goal. Not sure what my goal is exactly - somewhere between 12stone and 10 stone. It will depend on what I look like and how I feel. I'd like to be size 10-12.

So I am consciously treating this as transition. To be specific, not a diet that will stop, but a way to learn what I need to change and to acquire new habits - for example low fat cooking, eating more salad and veg, regular smaller meals and not snacking. I had no idea I tasted so much whilst cooking!

Rachael's post really rings true for me. I've also decided that the successful people use positive words. They don't 'try' - they do. I am also focussing on how I talk about what I am doing. Finally, I am also making this the most important thing I do. If I don't get fit, I won't live a long and healthy life and look after the people I love.

So I wish for you to forgive yourself. Learn to be kind to yourself. Love yourself. If you need to bash a pillow with a cricket bat to get rid of the anger. Then acknowledge the awesome way you are handling the situation and your commitment to yourself, lovely Rainbow Mum!

Ali

Back