Hi i`m back again lol

Roch

Minimins gal x
Morning everyone.Well i have not had a good few days so i am feeling very sorry for myself:(

My sciatica is so bad at the moment i am taking between 8/10 strong painkillers (co codamol) each day and 3 anti inflamatory tabs all to just be able to stand up.
My water retention probs are so bad in my hands and legs and i cant take the water tabs from the doc as i cant manage to get up to the loo because my back is so painfull.

The last 2 days i seem to be waking up in the middle of the night and being sick done that 2 nights in a row.
I feel like cr-p, i just feel such a failure what the hell is wrong with me !!
Why did i allow myself to get like this and my health is so deteriating, i am such a fool.

I am completely housebound at the moment unless one of my friends take me somewhere in the car then i struggle big time with the steps in the flat.
I am going to buy a new car in Jan so at least i will be able to get around, its getting me so down being in the house all day every day on my own i feel so depressed.

I am trying to cut down food wise and am doing anywhere between 100/1500 cals a day low glycemic but i am not weighing myself as i dont want to get obsessed with pounds as i have done b4 but my weight will be very slow as my water retention probs are so bad.

Sorry if this is just such a miserable post first thing in the morning but i am just having such a hard time and i dont know which way 2 turn.
I try to not chat about myself when i post on others threads as i dont want to write negative things but its got to a head now and i dont know which way 2 turn.

Last edited:
((((HUGS)))) I feel for you Roch.
So sorry you are feeling bad and wish there was someting positive I could write that would wave a magic wand. You are a real trier though and I'm sure that the low GI/low cal approach will work and you will lose the pounds.

Take care .. and be good to yourself. xxxx

Oh Roch, I am sending you a huge hug as I have absolutely no practical advice for you.

I was however told that the best way of getting rid of water retion (I suffer terribly from it) is to increase my water consumption as the body is storing water as it isn't getting enough - even when drinking 4 litres a day. Whether there is any truth in that I have no idea.

Sciatica is a terrible thing to live with, my husband regularly suffers with it and I know how debilitating it can be.

Anyway, another hug and I hope today is better for you.

Oh Roch
you did the right thing having an "unload" on here ,thats just what its for.
You are doing your very best to get yourself well and thats a lot more than most people do, you should be proud of the fact that you never give up and keep on going, that WILL get you results.
I am sorry you are feeling so unwell and well done to for not using it as an excuse to "treat" yourself as we so often do when we are ill. The fact that you are sticking to low cal food plan will mean you will be losing fat even if the scales dont show it due to all the fluid you are retaining, but the fact is the fat will still be going and that is what you want to lose, eventually the water will go to and then the scales will show how hard you have worked.
You are such a positve person, look at all you have been through and you are still going forward, not many people can say that.
No point beating yourself up for what has passed, the past we cant change, so waste of energy thinking about it, the present is where its at, right now today, thats all that matters, you be the best you can be just for today and let the future take care of its self, you are on a journey and going forward all the time, it may not be as fast as you want but you are actively doing something about your weight and that is to be praised and applauded, be kind to and just keep on going , you will see the results and I really hope you start to feel well again soon, just incase I wasnt really clear
"YOU ARE A STRONG WONDERFUL AND CAPABLE WOMAN WHO IS BEING THE BEST SHE CAN BE, SO NO MORE BEATING UP"

thinking of you and sending big hugs!!!!

Hey Roch Darling

I am so sorry you are feeling so down. If love and good wishes could help you would be feeling better already! I think your GP needs to call and have a good chat about all this pain medication. I think you are being sick because you are eating less and the tablets are really getting to your tummy - co-codmol are famous for making people sick. Second stop limiting your water intake - it will make things worse. If you are in all day on your own get a potty! NO need to keep doing those stairs, then just before Aaron gets home empty it and carry on as normal. I know that sounds a bit mad but you must drink enough as a lack of fluids can cause harm all around the body.
Thirdly, I forbid you to beat yourself up anymore! You are a good person who has had a tough life. You are doing your best to get yourself healthier but it is a long and difficult road and despite that your still keep trying. If the wolrd was populated by people like you it would be a very much nicer place.
So thats my twopenneth, I hope it helps and in the meantime you come on here and vent all you like; you are always there for everyone else, now let us help you.

With much love

I can only say I agree with all of the others, you are a wonderful person who is so determined to get her life back on track.

I am also sending big ((((hugs)))) to you hun, and hope you are not in so much pain today. I think about you all the time and you are an inspiration to me.

Hi Roch,
Sorry to hear you are feeling so horrible. I had sciatica when pregnant and it was absolutely excruciating, so I really do sympathise. I agree with Barb about the co-codamol, they can really upset the old digestive system. I think it would be a good idea to chat to your Dr about an alternative as Barb suggested. Thinking of you and sending some positive vibes.
SM

Be gentle on yourself

Really hope things improve for you - can't add too much to any of the previous comments as they are all spot on. Be gentle with yourself. :) Life deals crappy hands at times and we all cope with them differently. You are a born fighter - I'm sure that you will overcome this "Blip" and things will get better. :) Hang on in there because you ARE worth it.:)

Hi Hun,

:( Sorry u're feeling soo crappy and having such a bad time of it.
Like everyone else has said, u're a beautiful person and u're doing the best u can considering the circumstances. it's easy to get lost in dreams of what we want to be, but for now u're doing all u can - so stop beating urself up hun!

I really think, like the others, that u should call the dr out and he/she re-asses ur medication - maybe there's even an alternative they can give u?

Keep posting hun, let us know how u are
Big big hugs!
Much love, chelle xx

Hey Roch,

I can't really add much as it's all been said already. I do hope you feel better soon and try and concentrate on the things you can do and have control over and not the things you cannot do and don't have control over. My GP told me this and its helped me big time.

Let us know how your'e getting on.

Hugs,

Hi Roch,
Also feel totally inadequate to add any more to the excellent advice that others have given. But I think seeing the GP is a priority to sort out your pain relief.

I just want to say that you have personally inspired me with your support and your fair minded, intelligent approach to the questions that people pose on here. You are having a crap time but there's no way you are a failure, you are a brilliant, warm and clever woman who is having a crap time.

Sending you millions of hugs.

yourethebest.gif

Hi Roch
((hugs))
If i lived near you id pop round and annoy you :eek: ,Im so sorry your feeling so down and ill xx
Im thinking of you and I so hope your feeling better real soon
xxc

Hello Roch,
I want to help you so much, or if I can't myself, I want to organise help FOR you. No one should be confined to their bedroom, in pain, and unable to take their prescribed medication (diuretics) in this day and age. You NEED those diuretics, Roch, and if the pain relief you are being prescribed is not working, it needs to be changed. There are stronger things than co codamol, or what about acupuncture or going to see a chiropractor?
Your GP MUST come and see you, and DO sopmething. This is suffering on a grand scale, and someone must make sure that you get the help and treatment you need. You cannot do this on your own Roch, PLEASE insist that someone helps you.
Get your doctor out, ring NHS direct, go to A and E, ANYTHING, but don't put up with it. My worry is that you will also become clinically despressed if this carries on - please please don't let this happen.
If there is anything at all I can do, please e mail me.
Ann xxxxxxxxx

Thanks for all your support !!

Morning everyone.Well i have decided to ring the doc this morning and insist that i have a home visit(well i will try 2 insist) home visits are something that does not happen very often in my practise.More than likely she will write me another perscription and phone it over to the chemist like she did with my Co codamol.
Well i was not sick last night so thats good, what is so weird is that i am not hungry of course i am eating but i had cereal and banana for lunch and dinner and granary sandwich with a glass of semi skimmed milk for breakfast, i am trying to have plenty of milk hopefully to line my tummy so i wont have acid indigestion or tummy ache.

I know i am having a hard time now but i will get through it, this is not the first time this has happened to me have had bouts like this on a few occasions and it has even been worse than this where Aaron has had to walk me to the bathroom wait outside for me and walk me back to my bed and he had time off school as i could not manage on my own, but thank god this only happened once about 3 years ago.
Usually my sciatica is not this bad and i have it badly around a week b4 my Totm but this time it has been a double whammy and have had it for practically 3 weeks now !!
My best friend has popped in each day and helped with my housework and picked up shopping and my prescriotions so i am very lucky to have a friend like that.

Thanks again for all your support it has been so nice to see so many kind and caring messages it has kept my spirits up.
Am going to try and sit up in the lounge today dont want to be confined all day to bed.

I am ok was just feeling a bit sorry for myself yesterday hence the post.
Will most prob not be online again today but will catch up soon.
Hope u all have a good day xxx

I still feel the same Roch - this is no way to live your life - and it makes me SO angry when health professionals (and I was one myself for 25 years) "dismiss" the genuine suffering of big people, who are not usually all that assertive, and will "put up" with things. All too often, their energy is focussed on paperwork and the avoidance of litigation.
You are an important person, and have just as much right to care and treatment as anyone else. Would YOU stand by and watch someone in your position, and do nothing to help? of course not. MAKE SURE THEY KNOW YOU ARE THERE, THEY KNOW YOU ARE SUFFERING, AND THEY KNOW YOU WILL COMPLAIN OF NOTHING IS DONE. RING EVERY DAY IF YOU HAVE TO.
Some health professionals assume that big people are not interested in their own health (otherwise they wouldn't be big would they?) and they think they have all the answers, when, in fact, they don't have any.
We have to be determined to help ourselves, Roch. Put the blinkers on and take charge! I know it's difficult when you are in pain, and not feeling confident, but PLEASE try.
Ann xxx

Hi Ann thanx again for being so supportive 2wards me i really appreciate it.
Well i rung my doc and i was told my gp is away till friday, the other gp is on holiday and the locum does not do telephone calls or home visits.
So i have left an urgent message for the doc to ring me on friday so if i dont hear by end of surgery on friday morning i will call her myself.

I am finding it so hard 2 cope at the moment emotionally and phyisically just feel down all the time and my weight issues make me feel really down as i feel like a failure and i have no willpower why cant i lose weight !!

I am waiting for an app with the Edocrinologist my doc finally refered me as she now thinks i have a hormonal problem and i do have Pocs.
So all i can do is wait till friday and see what the doc says.
Thanks again for all your support x

Are you optimistic about Friday? I'm not, but wait and see.
You have to get accross to them the psychological impact all this is having on you. You have a breaking point like everyone else, and only you know how close you are to it.
I know how hopeless and desparate I used to feel, and it still hurts.
Take a look at the website www.toast-uk.org
they have a helpline, both phone and e mail, which I have used myself, and found very supportive.
0845 045 0225 (local rate)
[email protected]
They know their way around the health care system.
Don't keep suffering in silence, Roch, you are worth more than this.
Ann x

Good luck with the doctors, don't be fobbed off ! Glad that you have some practical support there at home, that's worth a lot. Hope you are out of pain soon. Keep us posted. Melissa x

Hi Roch,

Ann has given some very valuable advice there and it is so true you do need to get some help for yourself.

This is not right that you have to suffer like this.

I think this is a very valid point Ann has made that there is a perception out there that fat people don't care about their health and look after themselves.

We here all know how hard you have been working at this weight loss over the years and that due to your health it has been near impossible for you to make any inroads into it.

Listen to what Ann has to say and act on it.

Love Mini xxx

Back