1. MiniMins members lost 144 Stone in January! Why not join in the conversation today?
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice

Hi, Im a Newbie and my name is Debz

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Debzy, 25 November 2008 Social URL.

1. Debzy

Debzy Member

Hi, just joined this evening and trying to find my way around. At the moment I am trying to get a gastric band operation. My BMI s 41 and apparently Im not fat enough. Strange though as when I see Drs or go to the hospital, Im always classed as obese. I wondered if anyone else has had this same problem. Debz x

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

Register a free account with MiniMins and join in the conversation!
  3. miss_unknown

miss_unknown Banned

Hiya debz, welcome to the forum, not sure about your question on the gastric band surgery but there is a section on this forum where I am sure ya will get your answers. Have ya ever tried a vlcd? It may help you out for a short term and some people can lose lots of weight. There are numerous diets on this forum if ya wana ask questions on them. Like yourself every time I went to the doctors I was classed as obese, then when it went to morbiddly obese I was offered the operation which I declined. I don't like having operations and read about the pro's and con's of having the operation which helped me to stay away from it to be honest. A year later and I have decided to go on Lipotrim as I had a recent scare of a heart condition so basically thats why I am here. I throughly enjoy the diet but I wouldnt have got where I am today if it wasn't for the close number of people around me. No matter what your decision will be, we are all here to support ya no matter what. All the best, take care

4. misscheeky

misscheeky Well-Known Member

:welcome: to minimins :) i dont know much about wls but if you stick a thread in that section im sure you will get lots of replies ;)

5. 2.b.a.n.d.s.l.i.z

2.b.a.n.d.s.l.i.z twin banded

hi debz

welcome to minis

i have a gastric band, the nhs rules is if you have a bmi of 40 plus then u qualify for an nhs op.

why not join in the weight loss surgery section on here as we are all very supportive.
    liz xx

6. Debzy

Debzy Member

Hi, thanks for your reply. Where I live the NICE guidelines changed to BMI of 50 or co mobidities BMI of 45, so Im just out of range. Where do I find the weight loss surgery on here please? Thanks for your support. Debz x

7. Debzy

Debzy Member

Hi, thanks for your reply. What is a vlcd please? Never heard of it, sorry for my ignorance. Debz x

8. Debzy

Debzy Member

Thanks for your welcome. Could you please tell me what a vlcd is? Debz x

9. Tanari

Tanari 100% Focused

welcome to minimins. Good luck on your weight loss journey

10. 2.b.a.n.d.s.l.i.z

2.b.a.n.d.s.l.i.z twin banded

debz right at the top of the page click forum jump and then scroll down to weight loss surgery.

liz x

11. uglyduck16

uglyduck16 Well-Known Member

Hiya Debz!!
    Welcome to mini's :)
    Here is the link to the surgey section if you want to check it out and post in there if you want to; Surgical Weight Loss - MiniMins.com - Weight Loss Support Forum ;)
    VLCD is a Very Low Calorie Diet, there a quiet a few to choose from - cambridge diet, lighter life etc... I have been there and got the t-shirt :rolleyes: They mainly consist of meal replacements and looking at the reasons why you eat, group sessions or 1:1 councilling if you go to cambridge diet.
    Anyway- just wanted to say 'hi' really and welcome you to the site :wavey:
    Xxx Lizzie xxX

12. IreneH

IreneH Well-Known Member

Hi and welcome

Irene xx

13. danzlilsista

danzlilsista Well-Known Member

Hi and welcome!

14. Jax123

Jax123 Well-Known Member

Hi and :welcome: to Minimins. Good luck on your weight loss journey :) xxx

15. Less Rotund One

Less Rotund One Well-Known Member

Hi Debz - and welcome

good luck with whatever you choose to go with.

LRO xx

16. Janey2004

Janey2004 This is for ME!

Hiya Debz, good luck with your journey and hope it works out for you on the sugery front :)

17. Starlight

Starlight Well-Known Member

18. small-to-be

small-to-be mind over body

Hi Debz:)
    Good luck with the operation, hope u'll get one:p
    Muah