Hi, I'm new and have ?'s on core eating out

Liridona

I've been doing pts and getting nowhere so I decided to swap to core. Wondering how to manage eating out though? Can anyone recommend what to eat at the following places please?
KFC
Indian hot buffet (Nawaab)
Pizza Hut
Toby Carvery
Nando's
Frankie & Benny's
I'm finding it all a bit overwhelming trying to sort it out. I desperately want to make this into a way of life for me. I've got around 12st to lose.
Thanks

Hi hun im at work at the minute so i havnt got my books.
Just wanted to say welcome and good luckxx

Thanks Paula, I'm not doing too well on pts. That's why I'm hoping I can get on better with Core? I really seriously need to shift this flab. I'm fed up being restricted by it and I'll become a grandma this summer. I don't want to be the grandma that sits and watches cos she can't take part???

Hi. It is very difficult to eat out at fast food places on core but as far as pub lunches go you could have a carvery, steak with jacket pot, mixed grill, salmon steak, roast chicken dinner etc.

Hope that helps.

Hi and welcome!
Well most of the places you mentioned are not very core friendly. Do you eat out a lot?
I would say in my opinion KFC,pizza hut are out unless you're gonna stick to plain salad.
Indian is a bit tricky but I went last night and had tandoori mixed grill which is about as good as you're gonna get.
Pub's and carverys are great cos you can have steak, fish, chicken etc with jacket spuds, veg or salad.
Nando's you could have chicken pitta and just use your points allowance for the bread.
In my opinion if you only eat out occasionally I would have what you want within reason and enjoy it as this is a lifestyle change not a diet and everyone can have the odd treat.
If you eat out a lot I would probably say stick to points as you can pretty much eat what you want within your points.
I love core though....
Shout if you need more help
Good Luck
L x

Thanks Paula, I'm not doing too well on pts. That's why I'm hoping I can get on better with Core? I really seriously need to shift this flab. I'm fed up being restricted by it and I'll become a grandma this summer. I don't want to be the grandma that sits and watches cos she can't take part???
you can do it girlxx

welcome and good luck hun x

Hello love, I'm a core girl and have lost 3 and a half stone so far. I do still eat out but I do have to be more picky about where.

I tend to favour italian now as you can have things like mussels, parma ham, pasta, tomato sauces etc. for free and then you can use 10 of your weekly allowance for dessert if you like (I use mine on tiramasu...mmm).

Mexican can be ok but you would have to use some points. Indian and KFC in particular I would pretty much stay away from cos there's lots of hidden points.

I went to a chinese buffet recently and there was quite alot i could have there e.g. chicken and prawns, noodles, and stewed veg etc.

You'll get the hang of it love! Let me know if you want help

xxx

Back