hi im new and need some help = )

lee1985

:) Hi everyone!!
Im a 25 year old female from the uk!

and im needing some advice from some of you dieters out there!:)

ive been a bit of a yo yo dieter but decided last week that i would approach a diet differently this time after my weight has balloned to 164 lbs on a 5'2 frame.

i have lived on coke chocolate crisps missed meals and cups of tea sometimes 20 a day with full fat milk and 3 sugars arghhhhh.

so last week i decided to cut out everything and go on a very strict diet.
3 squares meals a day very healthy meals portion sizes low. drinking only water. exercising 30 mins a night on top of my usual school walks with the kids etc.

Im sure you all no of the effects of sugar withdrawals! :cry:but after the mist of a headache lifted i have felt great for it.

However i decided as my 7 days were up i would step on the scales and take my measurements. as i do understand that sometime you can gain muscle hence lose inchs but gain pounds.

but to my HORROR no change in the slighest my weight is the same my measurements the same!

can this really be possible????:cry::cry:

Hi Lee
Sorry to hear of your disappointment..and I would probably feel the same!

I must cofess to finding it strange that you havent lost if you have cut out everything that you have and changed your whole eating for one week.

Could be a number of reasons....what is it you are eating in your meals? What about portion control...something that we all forget about and think we are having 3 meals a day but piling high on food that we think is good, but might not necessarily be!

Are you nearing time of the month?

Hve you drank far too much water maybe and holding water?

You seem as though you are doing everything right...maybe put up a little diary and write absolutely everything that you are doing in it and that way people can comment......AND, for all you know you could lose all the weight tomorrow!! I always say the scales dont know it is your weigh in day! It has happened to me where I havent lost much on weigh in day, but the next day 2-3 lbs off!!

Dont give up, the fact that you have made big changes is good and really you cant go wrong by eating healthily !

Hi thanks for the reply!

I no it's very strange, but ive kept with and stepped on the scales today and had a 3 pound weight loss.

So i think my extra pounds just were being stubborn.

but you brought up a good point that got me thinking i was drinking a LOT of water and i now thinking back i was very bloated towards the end of my first week so i think that may have been a factor in it!
but the small weightloss has put a smile on my face !!;)

Hi and welcome. Don't despair. Write down everything you have and their quantities. You will be able to look or post it on here and someone might be able to help

Irene xx

Hi thanks for the reply!

I no it's very strange, but ive kept with and stepped on the scales today and had a 3 pound weight loss.

So i think my extra pounds just were being stubborn.

but you brought up a good point that got me thinking i was drinking a LOT of water and i now thinking back i was very bloated towards the end of my first week so i think that may have been a factor in it!
but the small weightloss has put a smile on my face !!;)

well done Lee....good to see it didnt put you off...stick with it!
You are doing well.

Back