Hi, I'm new around here.

JuicyJem

Hi.
I just searched on google for a weight loss forum and this is the first one that popped up, so it must be a good one ;)

I have struggled with my weight since I had my son in December 2015, he is now 2 and still breastfeeding which I think contributes to my struggle with losing weight as I'm always hungry, he also isn't sleeping through the night and when I'm tired I eat more. But I'm not going to make excuses.

I now weigh 13 stone and I'm only 5ft 4" tall so that means that my BMI says I'm obese.
This is a major issue for me as my husband and I are discussing trying for baby #2 and I am aware of the issues that can arise in pregnant women who are overweight, I would also like to try for a home birth when we do have another and I know that midwives are hesitant to allow home births for people who have higher BMIs.

I am vegan (life long vegetarian, turned vegan when my son was born). It used to be that vegan = skinny, but now there are so many unhealthy vegan options, pizza hut do vegan cheese, vegan ben and jerrys.........you catch my drift.

Anyway, that's me. Wish me luck on this journey !

Back