Hi I'm new (sorry!)

Hello Slimming World-ers :wavey:
I’m new to the site, and more or less new to Slimming World itself. I’ve been flirting (badly, as usual) with the plan since I joined at the beginning of December. But with the holidays, flu and generally not having my head in the right place, I haven’t really been on the plan. I gained 1/2lb on my first week and miraculously lost 2lbs this week.
My consultant’s talk was inspiring last night. She was talking about approaching the plan as if total newbie’s-she’s even giving the new member talk again next Monday. I felt very inspired, so, whilst most members of my group are starting from scratch next Monday, Friday the 1st will be my week one, day one.
My initial goal is to get to my club 10 weight-9stone 4lbs, after that I’ll see how I feel. Ideally, I’d like to achieve this by March. I don’t think that’s being too unrealistic!
Anyways, just thought I’d say hello I’m looking forward to getting to know everyone. And I’m looking forward to a slimmer New Year! :D

Hello and welcome - 2010 is going to be the year!!

Welcome Rock Chick & Bohemian Raspberry! Brilliant names btw. It seems that everyone is starting as if from new this week as lots of use have overindulged this crimbo! I'm sure you'll love SW as much as the rest of us - good luck and enjoy! xxx

Hi i am a newbie too (well to this site ) been on sw for a year or so and its the easiest to stick to . Im sure when you start cooking some of the fab meals you wont look back

Hello to you, Rock Chick & Bohemian Raspberry and all the Newbies who are lurking in the background for now. Great to see you on here.

Happy New Year and Happy New You. Here's to all of us achieving what we want to achieve.

Beccy x

Thanks for all the words of encouragement. I hope I won't be asking too many silly questions. I apologise in advance just in case though!
I'm quite excited now, how sad is that?!

welcome BR.

im also new to SW and will be going to my first class tomorrow morning xxxx

Good luck xx

It's not sad Hun, I was ecstaticly excited when I started because I couldn't wait for the weoft to start coming off!! When it does it's such a massive confidence boost!! I wish u all the luck in the world hun!! Xxx

Hello! xxx

Welcome to you all and good luck!

Welcome BR and all the other newbies!
Bit of advice from a very old school SW'er - don't worry about eating too much, if it's free and you are hungry, then eat it!
No question is silly, it's probably been asked before and we've probably asked it in the past!
Remember, your consultant is always available if you are struggling or need help.
Check syn values before you eat, not after!
Oh, and good luck - SW really is great :)

Welcome BR and all the other newbies!
Bit of advice from a very old school SW'er - don't worry about eating too much, if it's free and you are hungry, then eat it!
No question is silly, it's probably been asked before and we've probably asked it in the past!
Remember, your consultant is always available if you are struggling or need help.
Check syn values before you eat, not after!
Oh, and good luck - SW really is great :)

Thanks for the wise words jaylou. Well done on getting to target-and maintaining for so long! Hope that's me this time next year!

Back