Hi Im new to UDDD!!Help!!!

Fedupbeingafattie!

Hello Ladies & Gents
My names Ro and came across this diet on here
Ive never heard of it before being on here!!
So dont know a lot about it
How do you start on it,is there a 2 wk lead up to it??
It sounds so good i would love to try it and see how i get on
How much do u reckon you lose weekly?
Ive around 5st to lose!!Im desperate.........
Thanks xx

Hi there take a look at the website The UpDayDownDay Diet™ and eResveratrol – Dr. James Johnson – SIRT1 Gene Activation there are also some replys I will try and find you to help.

I thought it may be good to have a seperate thread for Questions and Answers. After reading the book I thought I would pass some info on too.

Q: What is the induction phase?

A: This is the first 2 weeks of the diet where you should limit yourself to no more than 500 calories on a down day. It is recommended to have prepacked diet shakes and bars (like slimfast or CD packs) so your calorie intake are exact and not estimated.

Q: How low can I go on the Down Day?

A: To be most effective eating nothing every other day would maximize the results. Except no one wants to do that, so an estimated 20% of normal calorie intake would be tolerable in terms of hunger control. Some people find this too low and prefer 30-35%

Q: How much should I eat on the Up Day?

A: There is no required calories to eat to make this diet work. The point of an up day is to reduce stress, diet fatigue and to increase freedom from the anxiety of restricting food every day. You can eat until you are full but do not over eat. The calorie counter (on the JUDDD website) is to estimate the number of calories to eat on the down day. You do not have to consume all the estimated calories on the up day.

Q: Can I do Down Days Monday, Wednesday and Friday, so my weekends are Up Days?

A: Yes many people find this easier. You can also make Sunday an 'in-between' day and restrict your calories to some extent but not as much as a down day.

Q: What should I do if I blow it on an Up Day?

A: Don't panic. You have 2 choices, to either turn the down day to an up day or make it an 'in-between' day. The worse thing to do is think that you can pig out since you have already blown it.

Q: Does the diet cause Ketosis?

A: If your intake is below 25% there maybe an increase of Ketones, although the diet does not cause Ketosis like Atkins or the Cambridge/Lighter life diet does.

Q: Can I exercise?

A: Yes exercise frequently, especially on up days

Q: When should I weigh myself?

A: Once a week after a down day.
Hi Val,

Juddd is pretty simple and relatively easy to stick too as long as you have your motivation :)

There is an Up Day where you eat normally (as long as you don't go ott and eat too much) about 2000-2500 cals although you don't need to calorie count, although lots of us do just to keep in check.

Then you alternate that with a Down Day which is basically 500 cals max. You can either do this with food and strict calorie counting, or CD or SF products etc. I use food usually and split it down into 5 x 100 cals meals/snacks. it is surprising what you can have for 100cals when you look around. Also many find it easier to leave eating until as long as poss in the day, usually around 2pm for me. Plus make sure you're drinking at least 2 litres of water, tho the more the better (I usually have 3.5 or 4 litres a day).

You can visit the juddd website at:

UpDayDownDay Diet™ Plan – How to Succeed

There is a calculator but it is just for guide (esp the up day cals) so you don't have to stick to this. As long as you aim for 500 and 2000 you'll be losing those pounds.

Last edited:
Ho Ro,

Welcome to juddd, well Jelly (and me lol!) has said it all, but if there are any other questions just shout, one of us should be able to help. It is a great diet and quite easy to stick to once you get in the swing of it. Good luck hunni xx

Hi, welcome to Juddd, and good luck.

Sanghi.

Hi there. How are you getting on?

Back