Hi I'm new to VLCD

Clareel

Persistence not perfection
Posted this in the wrong section duh!

Hi guys, I've just taken the plunge and ordered the 25 item sample pack in order to get started next week. I've done lots of different diets previously (WW, SW, CCing) and they have all worked but I just feel like I need to take 'normal' food out of the equation for a while.

Also I'm a student nurse doing 37.5 hours of placement, plus working 2 jobs to try and make ends meet so I really don't have much free time available for cooking/planning meals etc which is why I think slim & save will suit me.

Also one of the girls I work with has had great success on another VLCD (too expensive!) which has encouraged me to look into them and from what people are saying this seems to have the most variety and nicer tasting packs etc.

Really looking forward to getting started now but just have a few quick questions...

1. I'm planning on doing the 4 packs per day plan, it says you can have 200g veg as well - does the list of what you can have come with your order or can I find it elsewhere?

2. What's the best way to mix the shakes, should I get a mini whisk? or a shaker flask type thing? If so can anyone recommend one?

3. I have around 3-4 stone to lose, can I just continue doing the 4 packs per day until I get to goal or should I be taking a food break week as you do on some other VLCD?

Thanks guys! Looking forward to joining you all as soon as my packs arrive :)

X

Clareel said:

Hi guys, I've just taken the plunge and ordered the 25 item sample pack in order to get started next week. I've done lots of different diets previously (WW, SW, CCing) and they have all worked but I just feel like I need to take 'normal' food out of the equation for a while.

Also I'm a student nurse doing 37.5 hours of placement, plus working 2 jobs to try and make ends meet so I really don't have much free time available for cooking/planning meals etc which is why I think slim & save will suit me.

Also one of the girls I work with has had great success on another VLCD (too expensive!) which has encouraged me to look into them and from what people are saying this seems to have the most variety and nicer tasting packs etc.

Really looking forward to getting started now but just have a few quick questions...

1. I'm planning on doing the 4 packs per day plan, it says you can have 200g veg as well - does the list of what you can have come with your order or can I find it elsewhere?

2. What's the best way to mix the shakes, should I get a mini whisk? or a shaker flask type thing? If so can anyone recommend one?

3. I have around 3-4 stone to lose, can I just continue doing the 4 packs per day until I get to goal or should I be taking a food break week as you do on some other VLCD?

X

Hi! First off good luck with your weight loss. :)

Ok the allowed veg list comes with your pack but you can also find it on here and on the sns website.

For shakes I use a shaker bottle and it works really well.

You can stay on sns until you reach goal and start re-feed or you can have a bit of a break its up to you just be aware that if you come off plan you will need to go through the bad few days of getting back into ketosis once your back on plan.
Hope that helps :)

Hey chick-good to see you over here! Hope things are going ok with the nursing! Mines fallen by the wayside for now! Have inboxed you anyway xx

Sent from Jo's iPhone using MiniMins

X
Hi Clareel, Im Claire too. I am also waiting for my packs to arrive next week. I have had a break of the last four weeks so I dread to think of the weight that has gone on. I will weigh in when I get my packs. Im going to do four per day.

I am starting adult nursing degree in September. It sounds as though it is very hard going but it's my dream so really excited. I have four children and am going to be living away from them more or less to pursue the degree for the next three years as my course is seven hours away by bus so I will come home every week whatever days I am off. Thank god for supportive hubby but he works nights so don't really know how we'll manage.just have to play it by ear!!!

Good luck with the diet. I think we will be starting around the same time.

Thanks guys, I will have a look on ebay for one of those flasks. My friend has one with a little wire ball in that sort of whisks as you shake it I think, will look for one of those. Can't wait for my packs to arrive now! Hopefully will be early new week I chose the cheapest delivery option though lol so may have to wait a while

Hi Clareel, Im Claire too. I am also waiting for my packs to arrive next week. I have had a break of the last four weeks so I dread to think of the weight that has gone on. I will weigh in when I get my packs. Im going to do four per day.

I am starting adult nursing degree in September. It sounds as though it is very hard going but it's my dream so really excited. I have four children and am going to be living away from them more or less to pursue the degree for the next three years as my course is seven hours away by bus so I will come home every week whatever days I am off. Thank god for supportive hubby but he works nights so don't really know how we'll manage.just have to play it by ear!!!

Good luck with the diet. I think we will be starting around the same time.

Hi Claire, good luck with S&S it's good to know someone else is starting at the same time as me!

You will enjoy the nursing if it's what you know you want to do. It will be tough travelling and being away from your family but once you qualify you will get a great job and they will be so proud of you! Is it a 4 year course in Ireland? OH is from Kilkenny his mum is a nurse there.

Don't worry about your start weight I know I will be unhappy with mine, hopefully that's the last time we'll have to see it!

X

Clareel said:
Thanks guys, I will have a look on ebay for one of those flasks. My friend has one with a little wire ball in that sort of whisks as you shake it I think, will look for one of those. Can't wait for my packs to arrive now! Hopefully will be early new week I chose the cheapest delivery option though lol so may have to wait a while

Hi Claire, good luck with S&S it's good to know someone else is starting at the same time as me!

You will enjoy the nursing if it's what you know you want to do. It will be tough travelling and being away from your family but once you qualify you will get a great job and they will be so proud of you! Is it a 4 year course in Ireland? OH is from Kilkenny his mum is a nurse there.

Don't worry about your start weight I know I will be unhappy with mine, hopefully that's the last time we'll have to see it!

X

I bought one with a ball whisk in off eBay-it's fab x

Sent from Jo's iPhone using MiniMins

If you have a Boots nearby that do the Tony Ferguson diet thing (most do) they will also sell a shaker. It has a little thing at the top so your shakes aren't lumpy and does the job!
It's only a few quid too :)

Think they sell the ball ones in Argos too for a couple of quid (or at least they used to).

X

Thanks hun. I really want to be a nurse and maybe later midwifery but I will be equally happy with either. My degree is in Derry which is classed as the UK so the course is the same as the UK- 3 years in duration, thank god and not the four years I would have to do at home here in the South West. I've had to apply to the North because I have a degree already so would not have been eligible for free tuition fees here because of that . Up north, I will get the NHS bursary and fees paid by nhs, same as england.

Can wait to get started too with slim and save. I did a month and lost 15lbs but took all this month off and have probably gained it all back but will know next week!!! keep in touch.

when im at home I always mix my shakes in the blender jug with ice -tastes so much better even though its a faff to clean.
I also got a shaker from sportsdirect for 99p!

Thanks for all the advice RE: the shakers, I've ordered one off ebay so once that arrives I'll be good to go :)

Thanks hun. I really want to be a nurse and maybe later midwifery but I will be equally happy with either. My degree is in Derry which is classed as the UK so the course is the same as the UK- 3 years in duration, thank god and not the four years I would have to do at home here in the South West. I've had to apply to the North because I have a degree already so would not have been eligible for free tuition fees here because of that . Up north, I will get the NHS bursary and fees paid by nhs, same as england.

Can wait to get started too with slim and save. I did a month and lost 15lbs but took all this month off and have probably gained it all back but will know next week!!! keep in touch.

I'm also thinking of doing midwifery eventually! Will just be happy to get a job once qualified for now though lol. That's good 3 years is plenty of time in uni, especially if you've already been. I did another degree before this too - love the practical aspect of the course but I'm fed up of writing essays now!

Your course will probably be similar to mine, we just get odd weeks off here and there + 3 weeks for summer so you'll be able to go home quite a bit I reckon :) It will fly by hun. Best of luck!

Back