Hi im new

amy1987

Hiya thought I would come and say hello,ive done slimming world on and off for years, the last time I went to group was april..have managed to loose weight on different diets the last couple of months..but want to come back to slimming world to get to target and then stay at target..I will be doing slimming world from home..I was just wondering that now im lighter then when I went to group in april, should I lower my syns to 5 a day? or will this hinder my weight loss? TIA xx

Hi Amy,

Welcome back and congrats on the loss so far. The issue over lowering syns is a very individual one but if you're just coming back on plan, I would think that you should keep them at 15 per day so that you could consider lowering them later - if you reach a loss plateau.
As you haven't really that much to loose you don't want to be denying yourself some treats or favourite ingredients - it'll be the easiest way to push you on the road to giving up.

All the best

hi, thanks for that I just wasnt sure thats all..Think I will try for a couple of weeks and see how I get on, then like you said I could always lower my syns if my losses slow down..I was abit worried at the thought of only having 5 syns a day tbh..thanks again x

Hello & well come x

Hi & welcome :) I always have had low syns when I started it was 2 or 3 most days . But the last few weeks I've been having 6 7 or 8 and a few days I've had 10 and it hasn't hindered my losses and I'm now 4st 9 lighter than when I started .

Thanks everyone for your replies..Im going to start with 10 syns and see how I get on..it did worry me the thought of having only 5 syns a day..Thanks again everyone for your help x

Back