Hi - I'm new

loveydove

Hi, I've just joined. I'm hoping to find loads of inspiration and support. I've lost count of the number of times I've tried to lose weight but at almost 25st I reached breaking point (yet again)

I was all set to ask to be referred for a gastric band but decided against that route, so I'm going it alone. I started again with my weightloss on 25th July this year and have already lost 1st 11lbs, so I'm feeling really pleased with myself.

Welcome to Minimins. Good luck with your weight loss journey. :) xx

Good Luck with your journey, let us know which path you choose

Hiya,

Just wanted to wish you all the best with whatever diet route you take, and enjoy the friendly people of minimins, they are a great source of support :)

Good luck loveydove, You've come to the right place you'll find loads of inspiration on this site!

Thanks for the warm welcome ladies. So far my weightloss has been down to homemade soup! I have cereal in the morning and then soup for lunch and dinner.

Hi and welcome to the forum. Is this a plan you have devised yourself or have you been advised to do this? It doesn't sound to healthy x

It a plan I've drawn up myself. I don't see how freshly made vegetable soup is unhealthy and it can't be any more unhealthy than being 25 stone!

I have to say Taz I'm quite affronted by your comment that what I'm doing sounds unhealthy. I came here looking for support having reached a crisis point, and frankly you have put me off. I'm wondering if this may not be the forum for me now.

I have to say Taz I'm quite affronted by your comment that what I'm doing sounds unhealthy. I came here looking for support having reached a crisis point, and frankly you have put me off. I'm wondering if this may not be the forum for me now.
I'm very sorry that you read my post in that context and please don't be put off of the forum because of one post. There really is a ton of support available here from many people other than myself.

I am merely concerned that, although vegetables are healthy, your body needs so much more than that. There are many good diets out there that have been devised by nutritionalists and scientists to make sure that whilst losing weight we also maintain a healthy body. If you find that this works for you and you are getting all the nutrients and calories you need then good luck. I apologise for upsetting you

Loveydove, Taz is one of the friendliest and familar faces on Minimins, so she definitely didn't mean any hurt by airing her concerns.

There are a lot of different diets on this site that people follow, and some are questionable, in terms of their use in long term dieting.

You will find a lot of debate over that, so just because someone feels what you are following isn't healthy, doesn't mean that they don't support you losing weight, but just airing a concern.

Possibly, the only thing i would ask in terms of your vegetable soup is, do you intend to follow this for the long term? Or is this to kick start your weight loss?

x

Hi Loveydove. I'm also new and have a long way to go, but remember you're not doing it on your own. We're all doing it and doing it together. I'm on CD which is a diet consisting mainly of shakes and soups, with all the added nutrients you need. You're diet sounds similar, as long as you feel ok and you're not feeling weak, i'm sure you'll be fine.
Good luck!

Thanks ladies. In the past I've had sucesses with various diets, but have always slid backwards at some point. As I said I was considering a band, but found people who had had really severe problems with them and others who were still managing to comsume lots of calories by, for example, sucking chocolate.

My problem is a little is never enough, and I wanted food taken out of the equation to a large extent - if that makes any sense. I wanted to try one of the VLCD but I really can't afford it, so this is my alternative.

Every day I have a different soup, made from fresh ingredients; I include a little oil and protein in the form of pulses. I'm also having a little milk. I'm trying to drink as much water as I can as well.

I have a long way to go and I don't for one minute think its going to be easy, but I'm at crisis point and this feels like a solution for right now. I am hoping to carry on long term. I'm not feeling any ill effects - I did feel dizzy and headachy at first, but then I've had that with every diet I've ever been on. I feel fine now though - except my knickers have gone really baggy and keep falling down (thats too much information I know!)

Hehe knickers are always the first thing in a new size for me. OH says it would be cheaper if I went commando!!

Back