Hi ladies, Can anyone help?

stef2009

Gold Member
Hello ladies, how are we all?
As u can see by my name <--- I've been on minimims for a couple of years now. Ive been battling with my weight for 3 years, ive tried lipotrim, slimming world and calorie counting and none seem to be working for me.

I'm wondering if any1 can give me any info about weight watchers and any advice?

I bought 2 of the frozen ww meals last week and they was really nice, i could easily follow a plan eating things like that, but is it all frozen meals? What else can u eat?

Also do i have to attend the meetings? as ive looked at my local ones and i work on them all, very unlucky i know!! So could i do it without going to them?

Also what have u all lost so far? what is the adverge weekly/monthly weight loss?

Any answers to the above questions and any info in general would be great, im getting really fed up now so hoping this might be the one to work, thanks xx

Hi & welcome. First of all about food, you can eat anything you like as long as you ProPoint it but it's really calorie counting by another (I think easier) way. :)

I WW on line because like you, the class times don't suit me.

Like any other diet the weight losses vary. I'm older than most people here so perhaps someone younger can help you more.

In the mean time, good luck. :D

What you need to do is figure out your daily PP allowance. You'll need a form of calculator so that you can work out the pp values of your food. Nothing is off limits food wise and most fruit & veg is 0pp. I've lost over 40lbs doing WW but its been a slow loss over a year. WW says up to 2lb a week is a healthy weight loss. Also, I don't go to meetings either... I'm doing this from home myself. Good luck hon xXx

Sent from my Galaxy S using MiniMins

Last edited:
Hi welcome to the ww forum, I have been on ww since February and so far have lost 3st 3.5ibs. I seem to lose 1 - 2ibs a week. I go to meetings but I know a lot of people do ww online and are very successful with that.

You can eat anything you want once you track to keep to your points. To be honest I very rarely eat ww food, I dont think it tastes great I tend to adapt recipes or there are lots of great ideas on here. As well as daily points we also have 49 weekly points, which are great, and I always eat all of my points.

I have tried ww a few times before but I always wanted instant results and quick weight loss and got fed up if that wasnt happening. I had to get my head around this being a long term lifestyle change and once that clicked the programme now really works for me.

Good luck with your decision and keep asking questions if it helps you to decide:D

Hiya,

As everyone has said you have the freedom to eat what ever suits you as long it is within your allocated daily points. Following the plan is very similar to calorie counting except you have 0points for fruit and virtually all veg.

I started WW June this year and by mid October I was at goal. Ive lost a total of 1.5stone and maintaining well.

Like any diet, it will work if it suits you and i believe your lifestyle.

It is a very flexible plan, you have the freedom to have what you want, you just have to be prepared to reduce your portion size and have everything in moderation. Which I think is a fair compromise

Good luck

Thankyou ladies youve been a great help!
I am going to try it on my own at home un till january and then sort something out to start meetings.

Do u know if there are any threads on here or websites that tell me how to figure out my allowance, how to figure out what food is how many points etc? Thankyou :) x

If you post your weight, height and age I can calculate your allowance if you like? If you have an android or iphone there are apps for it too? X

Sent from my Galaxy S using MiniMins

hi there fatnomore that is a brill weight lose u have had could u please give me an idea of wot u eat on a daily basis im om 29pp and need 2 at least 2st but cant get my head round this at all bringin me down im a nurse so work really weird hours and shifts maggie69

hi there fatnomore that is a brill weight lose u have had could u please give me an idea of wot u eat on a daily basis im om 29pp and need 2 at least 2st but cant get my head round this at all bringin me down im a nurse so work really weird hours and shifts maggie69

Hi Maggie
No problem, a typical day would be something like this
Breakfast - Porridge (40gs) 4pp with milk(200mls) 3pps, frozen berries and teaspoon of honey 1pp (8pp total)
midmorning - banana 0pp
Lunch - Wrap (Tescos multiseed 4pp) chicken 50g (1-2 pps depending on brand) extra low fat philadelhia cheese 1pp, baby spinach, peppers, red onion, (total 7pp) I usually put this wrap on the george foreman in work
4pm Yogurt 2pp
Dinner - today I had minute steak (150g) 5pp potato cut up to make chips (200g) 4pps and brocolli (total 9pps)
8pm cup of tea and curly wurly 3pps

So that was my 29pps today, I find eating several times a day works best for me, so I always include snacks, and I always eat my 49 pps as well.

When I started and was getting use to the programme I found it really useful if I planned for the week, so I would write out a weeks worth of lunchs and dinners and make sure I went shopping to get everything I needed, this might help you make healthy choices while you're on your shifts,

Hope you find this useful ;)

Thanks azwethinkweiz. Ive managed to work it out now :D x

Back