Hi new here...struggling today with SW

*radleygirl*

Gold Member
Hi all, I have been reading all your sw posts and find you all helpful so have decided to join. Have been doing SW for nearly 4 weeks (4 weeks on Monday) and today I am stuggling :( . Any words of wisdom are welcome.

Hope to hear from you all soon :)

Hi there, I am following the WW plan and I have challenged myself over the last couple of weeks to not snack ... and it has been hard but I feel so much better and a lot more motivated for it :)

And tracking... that is another big thing that helps me to stay focused :)

I have been a member of SW since 2006 and cannot think of adopting any other healthy eating plan. I have tried others but the minute someone says that's all you can have for the day, I fail. So SW suits me and it's important that whatever healthy regime we adopt suits that individual otherwise we won't stick with it in the long term. I'm not saying that we don't all hit the black days when nothing will keep us on track but we need to put a line under that day and start afresh the following day without punishing ourselves.

As I said SW works for me and I have lost 8st into the bargain, I hope it is the best plan for you too x

Hi Jan Coupe, I love doing SW I never feel hungry or that I cant have anything, I have tried WW but you are so limited and even have to count fruit, I could never get to grips with it and was hungry a lot.

Thank you for your advice, I think you are completely right in saying we need to draw a line under any bad days and start a fresh the day after.

I cant believe you have lost 8st, well done you! That is a fantastic acheivement. I may be picking your brains now lol.

Adelle x

Hi Adelle

If I can be any support to you, just let me know. I'll let you know a secret, I am currently one half of SW couple of the year 2010 and have had all the emotional ups and downs as anyone. Nobody knows like we do what it is like to be overweight and not want to be.

I hope you are having a better day today
Jan x

Hi Jan,

WOW congratulations!!

Thank you for the offer of support, I think you may live to regret it though!

I am having a much better day today, I just lost focus the other day but an back on track and feeling very positive about SW.

What were your favourite meals on SW?

Adelle x

Hi Adelle

I still eat the SW healthy plan every day, we have to re-educate ourselves that it is a plan for life. We were brought up on 'red' and 'green' days when we first joined and that in the main is what we still do, although sometimes we slot in an 'EE' day.

We eat mainly 'green' days and love paella, pasta etc. Since we joined we made sure that we tried a new recipe every week to keep us interested and motivated in trying new things and to make it more interesting.

I'm glad you are having a better day today, it helps to chat to people that are (or have been) in the same place as you.

Jan x

JanCoupe said:
Hi Adelle

I still eat the SW healthy plan every day, we have to re-educate ourselves that it is a plan for life. We were brought up on 'red' and 'green' days when we first joined and that in the main is what we still do, although sometimes we slot in an 'EE' day.

We eat mainly 'green' days and love paella, pasta etc. Since we joined we made sure that we tried a new recipe every week to keep us interested and motivated in trying new things and to make it more interesting.

I'm glad you are having a better day today, it helps to chat to people that are (or have been) in the same place as you.

Jan x

Hi Jan, yes it is nice to know others are or have been where I am. I think its easy to forget Im not alone in my SW journey and will be a regular on here! I have to admit, I've become a bit addicted to this site!

Adelle x

Back