Hi, new here :)

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by melted, 23 October 2008 Social URL.

1. melted

melted New Member

Start Weight:
    11st10lb
    Current Weight:
    9st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st12lb(15.85%)
    Diet:
    The 'do a lot of exercise' diet
    I'm currently finishing off my A levels and at home. Causes lots of problems as I don't have a great relationship with my father who I live with, and my mum buys lots of junk food for my younger brother. And my nephew when he visits.

I currently weigh 11st 10lbs. The heaviest I've ever been. I'm a size 12/14. The lighest I've been within memory is 10'03 after some hardcore unhealthy purging, starvation and exercising...

I'm hoping to get down to between 10 stone and 10 and a half :) I'm not sure where my ideal weight lies.

My diet is currently around 1600 kcals a day, so I'm probably going to have to reduce it to about 1200. I used to cal count but I've found it's not very effective for me as I'll eat a chocolate bar and then skip a meal for it...

My new approach is to eat 5 fruit or veg a day and then anything else to fill me, within reason. I don't have a large appetite and the biggest problem for me is what I eat. Not how much I eat.

I'm posting here mostly to keep a record for myself but it's also been nice (and I literally only just joined) to see how well others are doing :) I hope that's me in the near future.

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Val123

Val123 Silver Member

Diet:
    AAW8
    Good luck with your A levels and your diet.

They say a good guide is to have a potato the size of your fist, a piece of meat the size of the palm of your hand and as much veggies as you like and that is a healthy balanced meal.

Sometimes just upping the protein and cutting back on the carbs can make a huge difference, as well as staying away from all processed foods and swapping fizzy pop for flavoured water.

I'm doing it the hard way - Cambridge Diet!! But I want to lose at least 3 stone and fast. Started 16 days ago and lost 16lbs already so it's working.

I wish you every success

Val

4. Tanari

Tanari 100% Focused

Start Weight:
    14st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st4lb
    Diet:
    S&S
    Welcome to Minimins, our friendly forum. Good luck on your weight loss journey.

5. misscheeky

misscheeky Gold Member

:welcome: to minimins hun x

6. melted

melted New Member

Start Weight:
    11st10lb
    Current Weight:
    9st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st12lb(15.85%)
    Diet:
    The 'do a lot of exercise' diet
    I'm a veggie so unfortunately the first response is not possible. I'll be going back to veganism in just under a year too. I was vegan but stopped because my parents buy the food here and they wouldn't cough up or be bothered to get it, so I ended up not eating which wasn't very cool. I think the weight problems shall disappear somewhat upon leaving home, I hope so.

edit: I also have a bit of a thing about hot food. My parents never cooked my siblings and I meals whilst we were growing up so I don't like eating hot food. I don't mind some cooked food...when cold...but I mostly eat raw food. Which results in a lot of bread being eaten.
    I can't eat in front of people for the same reason. I never got used to it growing up and still am not :(

7. ** Just Jools **

** Just Jools ** Slow & steady does it!!!!

Start Weight:
    16st5lb
    Current Weight:
    12st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st3lb
    Lost(%):
    4st4lb(26.2%)
    Hiya & :welcome: to minimins.
    Good luck with your A levels & your weight loss journey. x

8. miss_unknown

miss_unknown Banned

Start Weight:
    20st7lb
    Current Weight:
    20st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st4lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Diet, what diet?
    good luck with your weight loss chick, ya seem to be very determined which ya need to be on a diet. Pity your parents are not supportive but ya seem strongwilled enough to succeed on your own. All the best on your journey and keeping posting so we know how ya are getting on, take care

9. Sammy84

Sammy84 Full Member

Start Weight:
    17st13lb
    Current Weight:
    14st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st10lb
    Lost(%):
    3st5lb(18.73%)
    Diet:
    Eating Sensibly and Exercise
    hey there, welcome to minimins and good luck with ur exams and your weight loss x

10. IreneH

IreneH Gold Member

Diet:
    WW
    Hi and welcome. Good luck

Irene xx

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.