Hi, new to slim & save

time2change

Hi

I've just this morning started slim & save although I'm not new to VLCDs as I lost 5.5stone on lighter life about 5 years ago. I picked S&S for two reasons - firstly the cost but also because of the rave reviews you have all given it, was urming and ahing for ages trying to decide which one to do but opted for this as you have all said the foodbacks taste good! I had the chocolate rice crispy shake this morning which was nice but the mushroom pasta this lunch which I don't think I'd have again.

I hope you don't mind me joining you but I *know* I'm going to need help (and probably lots of it) over the coming months.

To tell you a little bit about me, I'm 43, married with 3 kids and 3 businesses. I've struggled with my weight since I was 17 but seem to have "settled" at about 15st 10lbs and size 20/22.

I do exercise - about 3 times a week I go to Curves and I have been doing well with their diet too but I have a very major family wedding coming up in the beginning of March and I realized last week my weight is bouncing on and off for two reasons:-

a) I'm too lazy to cook for myself properly during the way, I need something quick and easy because I simply don't have the time to cack around making fancy salads and soups.

b) When on "proper" food it is all too easy to sneak in a bit of this and a bit of that.

However, I'm not going to 100% VLCD as I do have a heart condition and I need to be sensible, so I'm going to do the three packs a day with a slightly bigger than recommended evening meal - I want to keep my calories to about 1000 per day, I don't want to put extra pressure on my heart. I intend to have a "sensible" evening meal - chicken/fish/possibly meat with vegetables etc.

I've set myself a target of losing 2-3 stone by March which is four months.

I'm having a dress made for the wedding as I couldn't find anything I like and if I can get to a size 16 or even an 18 I will be happy!

I need to measure myself which I'm going to go do now.

I look forward to getting to know you all.

Back