Hi, newbie here, decided now is the time to change my life!

Hi, I am new to Slimming World diet been doing it at home for last week or so and am joining a class on Tuesday. I have been a yoyo dieter for the last 32 years and have ranged from 8.5 stone to 12.5 stone during that time. I am nearer the top end of that scale at the moment and have had a few recent health scares which has prompted me to take control and change my life for good. I have recently been diagnosed with high blood pressure and am now on medication for that so really hoping that losing some weight will help me control it and come off the medication. I exercise regularly and completed my first ever 10k run when I was 50 years old. I really enjoying jogging and did a 10k in May this year for charity and have another one planned for October, however my weight is putting a lot of pressure on my knees so another reason to lose some weight.
I am usually quite nmotivated when I start a weight loss programme but I enjoy eating out and I have never been one for selecting salad when I am paying for a meal. Slimming World seems to allow me to make choices I enjoy and I don't really feel I am depriving myself of anything, so hopefully I can stay on track as much as possible. As my name suggests, I love chocolate but I have been trying to have 2 squares of 85% cocoa chocolate each night witha coffee and it is satisfying my craving.
I work 12 hour shifts including nighsthift which can play havoc with eating plans but i am working on that.
Looking forward to supporting others in reaching their targets/dreams ;)and hoping to gain support from members in tunring my life around too!
Cheers
x

Hi there and welcome to Minimins :)

Well done on doing your first 10k run, that is fantastic - keep up the good work!

Stick around on here, we are a friendly bunch and you'll get lots of support and advice :)

Back