Hi, newbie here

Nick M

Hey guys and gals,

My names Nick and I'm currently on the Slimming World as you may have guessed and i'm new to the forums. I find myself using the forum to find lots of really awesome information on a daily basis, so i thought hell, why not join and become a part of the community!

I'm aiming to lose a hell of a lot of weight and managed to lose just under a stone in the first two weeks.

I've done this diet before and lost 3 stone, however i ended up not going to classes anymore and put it all back on and more.

The aim is to lose a total of 5 stone by the summer and i'm right on track. Living next to the beach has been a huge part (other than the health risks) of me wanting to diet - plus the women of course ;)

I have a quick on-topic question too. Can anyone suggest any syn-free or low-syn foods to snack on other than the obvious fruit?

Thanks,
Nick.

Hi Nick, welcome.

The forums are great for help and support- jump right in, we always like an opinion. I've got to lose 5 stone too, I'll also be ending up on a beach but for my honeymoon :)

As for syn-free or low-syn snacks, there are the obvious mugshots, pasta n' sauce and low-fat supernoodles, mullerlight yoghurts, ryvita, fat free cottage cheese, alpen lights, velvet crunch crisps...there are loads really, it just all takes a bit of forward planning. I'm not the best person to answer this as I just stick to fruit! (Boring, I know).

Good luck with your "journey", as naff as that sounds.

JVS

Hey guys and gals,

My names Nick and I'm currently on the Slimming World as you may have guessed and i'm new to the forums. I find myself using the forum to find lots of really awesome information on a daily basis, so i thought hell, why not join and become a part of the community!

I'm aiming to lose a hell of a lot of weight and managed to lose just under a stone in the first two weeks.

I've done this diet before and lost 3 stone, however i ended up not going to classes anymore and put it all back on and more.

The aim is to lose a total of 5 stone by the summer and i'm right on track. Living next to the beach has been a huge part (other than the health risks) of me wanting to diet - plus the women of course ;)

I have a quick on-topic question too. Can anyone suggest any syn-free or low-syn foods to snack on other than the obvious fruit?

Thanks,
Nick.

Welcome Nick and congratulations on losing all that weight. You hav ecome to the right place everyone is so lovely and supportive.

Unfortunatley I do not know many syn free snacks apart from fruit & veg, mullerlight (I only use as part of dessert or on my frozen fruits).

I was looking on your stats and noticed that you have your goal weight as 8 January 2011 (did you mean 2013?).

Do not know if you fancy joining in some challanges there are on the forum, e.g Easter challange, Six month to sexy summer challange and various monthly ones that is set up. I have joined them to give me motivation and support. Also in a way I use them as mini goals.

Good luck with your weight loss journey and if you have any questions just post it and someone will answer you quickly.

Last edited:
wow you have done so well already!! welcome to the forum :) xxx

I was looking on your stats and noticed that you have your goal weight as 8 January 2011 (did you mean 2013?).

Thanks for the warm welcome guys :D Also thanks a lot for pointing that out Rosielea, i've updated the statistics accordingly!

Hi Nick, well done so far! This is great forum for support, food ideas, syn values etc etc

Your 1st choice of snack should always try to be superfree but I know that sometimes fruit or veg just isn't going to hit the spot!

Snacks I always have to hand , crabsticks, cottage cheese, sliced ham (i wrap salad up inside it), mugshots, hifi bars (HEa), philly light garlic and chive (2 syns for 25g or 71g as a HEa) Eat smart melba toast (1/2 syn each), jalapeño pepper to go on top, pickled onions, pickled gherkins, mushy peas just to name a few!

Oh yeh, Muller lights, the dark choc sprinkled ones (all free apart from cherry layered which is 2) and just got into natural yoghurt with frozen berries and sweetener on top.

hiya hun and welcome to the boards im sure you will find lots of use full info on here.

what kind of foods are your favs ...i tend to snack on things like pickled onions with hea cheese and cuecumber and cherry toms , also crab sticks ham , mugshots low fat super noodles,

my choc fix has become a curly wurly 6 syns

good luck on your journey and ofcourse enjoy those long walks on the beach taking advantage of the scenery ..you may even find a nice lady to chat to on your way

Hi Nick and :welcome2:

Congratulations on the weight loss you had. nows the time to get back on that wagon, especially with the knowledge that you CAN do it!! :D

I think everyone has mentioned just about everything that can be snacked on. For me its celery sticks, carrot sticks and fruit. It depends what you're likes and dislikes are. Whatever floats your boat hun! ;)

Back