Hi newbie here :)

cbmumof3

Hi
I am new to this forum and new to Atkins so please be gentle with me :D
I have had a read of your thread and have found it really useful so far in preparing my mind and my kitchen stock ready for my Atkins journey. I have a lot to lose and have tried everything pretty much and failed the only diet that seemed to do anything for me was Dukan but I became quite poorly by the end of the second week so gave in, reading about Atkins made me think it would suit me better so going to give it a try.
I would be grateful for a little help though in sorting meal plans for induction.
Tomorrow seems the ideal time to start as it is half term so not busy rushing round on the school run with my boys. I have also just been quote poorly with flu and lost 6lbs in a week so before I get into eating all the wrong foods I'll start afresh.
Can you give me some ideas for breakfasts, lunches and dinners please. I don't eat red meat or shellfish but pretty much everything else.
Thanks so much :)
Carly

Ideas

My absolute fave breakfast is a 2 egg omelette with some cheese grated into it and salt and pepper, then fried in a little butter with some oil to stop the butter burning. Its best if you whip it up with a blender first.
Alternatively, 2 organic eggs fried in butter, lush!!
Garlic mushrooms with cream, egg mayonnaise stuffed into iceberg lettuce leaves, tuna mayo stuffed into iceberg lettuce.
Hope these help to start you off!!

Hi Carly,
Welcome to the forum. I've also done Dukan before, and find Atkins very similar in terms of weightloss, but i feel much better on Atkins overall, more energy, less fussing around, and less boredom with the (more delicious) food allowed.

My food is actually pretty boring so i doubt this is going to be inspirational, but here is what i have in a typical day:

breakfast
scrambled eggs done in butter is pretty yummy, or boiled eggs, or any kind of eggs. Sometimes fish cooked simply/plainly.

lunch
chicken/eggmayo/ tuna salad with oil-based dressing, roast chicken & veg, steak & veg, cheesy vegetables, baked fish in butter. my 'veg' normally consists of broccoli, mushrooms and a little cabbage, sometimes a small amount of onion, and garlic, also use a lot of herbs and butter to season things. Sometimes i get more creative and do a stir fry, or pie of some kind (shepherds pie is nice, without the potato but sprinkle cheese instead, and grill it so it goes all goldeny crispy mmmm), or even a home made curry. My cooking skills are not good but i do make everything from scratch just because so many shop bought things are loaded with carbs even where you don't expect to see them.

dinner
i normally snack more in the evening as i'm not hungry much from having a large lunch, i snack on cheddar cheese, sugar free jelly, leftover cold meat from my fridge of any kind, a couple of rashers of bacon, anything like that. Always handy to keep snacky stuff available so you don't end up reaching for the crisps (!).

Welcome and hope you enjoynatkins :)

I have asparagus wrapped in bacon or Parma ham and a couple boiled eggs in a cup.

Lunch of late has been tuna with chopped celery and radish with a squirt of mayo mixed in. A whole tin, it's rather filling.

Dinners are meat....whatever you fancy and a wee portion of either cauliflower rice with grated cheese or spring greens with butter.

A creamy coffee for 'pudding' does the trick too.

Have plentynofmham and mini chicken fillets around to snack on, oh and others rave about pork scratchings.....just haven't gotten round to buying some myself. :D

cbmumof3 said:
Hi
I am new to this forum and new to Atkins so please be gentle with me :D
I have had a read of your thread and have found it really useful so far in preparing my mind and my kitchen stock ready for my Atkins journey. I have a lot to lose and have tried everything pretty much and failed the only diet that seemed to do anything for me was Dukan but I became quite poorly by the end of the second week so gave in, reading about Atkins made me think it would suit me better so going to give it a try.
I would be grateful for a little help though in sorting meal plans for induction.
Tomorrow seems the ideal time to start as it is half term so not busy rushing round on the school run with my boys. I have also just been quote poorly with flu and lost 6lbs in a week so before I get into eating all the wrong foods I'll start afresh.
Can you give me some ideas for breakfasts, lunches and dinners please. I don't eat red meat or shellfish but pretty much everything else.
Thanks so much :)
Carly

Hi I'm new to Atkins too. people here are really supportive and in the know. I wish you all the best on your quest to the new you . Keep us updated it great to see how others are getting on.
X

Hello cbmumof3 just thought I would say hi and ask how you are getting on? Hope you are managing ok. :)

Back