Extra Easy Hi Newbie to both this sit and SW.....anybody tried EE and Xenical

xxlaura88

Hey :eek:

just started slimming world this week (monday) so i thought i would join this site for help and advice

has anybody tried the diet along with xenical tablets?

if so was your weight loss successful?

Thanks
Lau

Welcome and congrats on joining slimmingworld.. good luck for wi.

Iv never tried xenical, but as far as i know people who'v done sw with it have not seen a significant improvment in losses.

i personally think its pointless with sw, sw gives such good losses when followed properly anyways.

x

I would be inclined to agree with Fern. Xenical is designed to stop fat being absorbed into your body. Slimming World, with the exception of a tiny amount from lean meat, and a tiny amount from your HeA, is pretty much designed to be fat free. So it wont really make much if anything of an impact on your losses.

Good luck on your journey!

Hi Laura
I too started Slimming world on Monday of this week. I used to take Xenical and it did work but I think it is far more important to find a healthy eating plan which you can incorporate in your life rather than a quick fix. If we don't learn to change our eating habits then sure as eggs are eggs, all the weight will go on again when the xenical course is complete (my opinion only). I was really excited at Slimming world as this week all the members who had reached target gave a motivational speech about how they have achieved their results. Their journeys were not straight forward but they had all persevered and let me say they all looked FAB! So Laura if we stick at it that will be us soon - hopefully without the need for xenical and all the stomach cramps and yellow poo that goes with it!!!
Lots of love and success
(Ps no profile as yet cos I like you am a newbie and this is my first post)
xxx

Hi Caitlin

Thanks for the reply, yeh i has xenical last year and lost 2 and a half stone with some very bad side effects (now put 2 stone back on) I just thought maybe trying them with a lower fat diet would boost along a bit. im really lookin forward to slimming world and have started to be more active too....im just worried im not eating the right things, but we will soon see on monday......let me know how u go on

xxx Good Luck xxx

You do need a little bit of the right fats in your diet, which is why the SW plan works. If anything, I would be concerned that you were altering the balance of the SW plan, if the Xenical made you eliminate that little bit of fat that you do consume.

I was prescribed Xenical years ago when I was ttc and not being successful because I was so overweight. It actually seemed to do more harm than good, and slowed my losses, rather than help them.

Back