Hi, Optifast for me, starting Wednesday

Professor

Guess whos back...
Hi all

Well if anyone here hangs around the Cambridge topics, you will know i am not new here, but rather did 5-6 months on Cambridge Sole source and lost 5ish stone last year and early this year.

Cutting a long story short! I am now living Down-Under in New Zealand (always planned to emmigrate here) and i still need to lose lots of weight as i regained 70% of what i lost since moving here. It was just too hard to focus on dieting with a major uproot of ones life etc.

I wanted to stay on Cambridge Diet, but its a little tricky to access it here in NZ (possible, but tricky) So i have opted for the only other VLCD diet i can find in New Zeland which is called OPTIFAST: http://www.optifast.com.au
Which would appear to be almost identical plan to both Cambridge Diet and LighterLife, and conviently available from over the counter at most chemists (if your enrolled on the plan). So i went for the consulation with the pharmacist today and had all the vital details taken, and i am all good to go and have my first packs ready to rock.

Having done 5+ months on Sole Source before i am ready and fully aware of what to expect, so heres to getting headaches and all ratty and irritable for 3-4 days this week, but coming out of a new man on the other side!

:D

Good luck Lee with your quest:)) You are in my favourite country in the world there! One of my goals is to return to NZ and OZ, and this time be light enought to do a tandem sky dive!
I guess because you have had past success you know you can do this which must be a help as you start out:)

HI Lee
Just had a look at the Optifast site , its looks great , very much like CD , but with some very interesting differences which seem like they will really help you keep on the straight and narrow.
I wish you well, please keep us up to date with your progress. There is something quite comforting in knowing that all over the world people are facing the same problems and doing something like VLCD to sort it out , makes you feel less alone somehow.
HCW xxxx

Yup, it would appear to be just like CD, which i am glad as thats my previous VLCD.

I have postponed my start date to Friday Evening now sadly, as i was starting wednesday (today) but have been asked to work very long shifts thursday and friday, and with the expected pain of food withdrawal in first 2-3 days i would rather those were at the weekend when i can stay in bed if need be (although should be fine:.

So D-Day for me is now About 6pm Friday, thats when i shall offically start back on a VLCD in 5months. Its the usual feelings of exceitement of my trousers not busting buttons like they are now! :sigh:combined with the thoughts of withdrawal and a whole new bunch of people to convince it is safe etc! (espiecally as i am in NZ, already had pale looks from kiwi flatmates saying "you cant not eat you pommy mad-man!")

So anyway, hope somebody is reading this topic! LOL

Hi Lee,

Can I ask how much you have to lose now? I can't help thinking how much of an inspiration you are when you have been through so much. To opt for a VLCD when so much around you is new is one heck of a challenge - I sincerely wish you all the very best.

Please keep us posted

Back