Hi started today

X Kelly X

Silver Member
Hi everyone. Started SF today to try and kick start my losses again. Been on SW for 7 months and have lost 2st 5lbs but want to lose quicker esp as I'm a bigger girl. :) will start a diary I think! :)

Xx

Hi Kelly,

im also a big girl an used SF to kick off my weight loss journey last year. Keep having a week or so on it here and there to keep me motivated with WW. Good luck with your journey!

Hi Loser85, thank you for your reply. :)
Do you find using SF helps kick start things when ww plateaus? X

Welcome Kelly. I am a failed SW girl :sigh: I actually gained my first week :eek: and then lost very VERY slowly for months after that (I averaged 0.2lbs/week!). Three or four months ago I started to just gain and lose the same half stone so 7 weeks ago I decided to change to SF/calorie counting and have lost 9lbs so far (and that's with a gain of 2lbs one week - totally expected and deserved I might add!) and have not looked back :D

Seems to suit me a lot better than SW so I am staying on it now. I have a little under a stone to lose to get me to my initial target and will re-evaluate then and perhaps go another half to one stone, but at 53 one has to be a bit careful about being too skinny - I don't want to end up looking like a wrinkly old crag bag :eek:

I also love the fact that I can "earn" extra food by doing lots of exercise as I have always been active and felt cheated that it didn't count for diddly squat on SW so I got quite lazy in the end. I am back to running/cycling/elliptical and have even re-started JM 30 Day Shred 10 days ago (I must be MAD!) - I had forgotten just how much I enjoy breaking a sweat :character00115: :whacky068: :chores016:

Good luck with your weight loss journey - we can do this!

Hi there,

I started today, though I am not really doing Slimfast only, but two shakes a day and a meal. Today I had Slimfast for breakfast and then Herbalife for lunch (oooo, the variety! :p). A friend of mine kept raving about HL so I decided to give it a go, but if I don't find it any different to Slimfast (which I have tried before) I will revert back to that as it is much more affordable! The HL ones arrived this morning, after breakfast, hence why I had a SF shake for breakfast.

The HL forum is really quiet though, so I thought I might pop over here for some moral support, seen that the diets are very much the same, it is just the content of the shake that differs.

Annya, my starting and goal BMIs are similar to yours! I wish I were where you are - well done on your progress so far. How long has it taken you??

I am going to see if you all have a weekly weigh in thread, if not, should we start one??

Hi, I'm also starting soon. Hoping I see some results as I'm a little sceptical but wanted to give it a try. Good luck! Update us with your progress :) x

I lost 1/2 pound on my first day. If I do that every day for a week, it will be 3 1/2 pounds for the week. That is motivation to keep going!

Hi Emma, sorry for the delay in replying.

I think it does help to use SF if i plateau with WW.

SF always seems to be my failsafe if im struggling.

Hi there,

Annya, my starting and goal BMIs are similar to yours! I wish I were where you are - well done on your progress so far. How long has it taken you?? Thank you Kelly :) Sorry, it has been MAD busy at work and I am only catching up with Minimins now! I'd like to say my weight loss has been quick, but sadly it has taken me AGES. I did start out with Slimming World at the end of May 2011, but soon started getting very disappointing losses (like 0.2lbs/week!) followed by gaining and losing the same half stone for 3 months despite following the plan to a tee :( I eventually threw in the towel and started a Slim Fast/calorie counting hybrid at the end of February 2012. Since then I have lost 16lbs on the scales, but have also started doing Jillian Michaels DVDs in the past 3 weeks and have lost an amazing amount of body fat and inches too. I don't care how the flab comes off, I am am just so happy it finally is! I am now less than a stone from my initial target and things will start to slow down, but as long as those inches keep coming off, I am really not too bothered.

When I hit my initial target of 11 stones (and I am now FINALLY into the 11s..... wooo-hooo!) I will re-evaluate and see if I want to take off another half a stone or so; however, being nearly 53 I have to be careful about how lean I get otherwise I am just going to look wrinkly and craggy which I don't want at all :eek: so we shall see..............

I am going to see if you all have a weekly weigh in thread, if not, should we start one??

I don't think there is one, but I would be up for it. As you know, there is also an April challenge thread, which is now coming to an end..... perhaps we should start a May one next week?? My ultimate ambition is to be the one who starts the maintainers thread (ahhhhh... I can dream ;)).

Hello I started slim fast yesterday - have tried so many diets but right now I need a strict one to give me a weight loss boost!! I want to lose a stone and if I do this for 2-4 weeks I'm hoping to get half way there.

Good luck everyone! Would be good to hear some snack ideas and when you have you meal lunch or dinner????

Hi there,

the snacks can be anything you want so long as its under 100 cals. I have snack a jacks, cereal bars, soups and fruit.
I use my 600 cals for my evening meal, works out easier for me as i work evenings and need the boost when i come home but its upto you when you use it.

Good luck and let us know how you get on.

wow, thats great. I've never tried slim fast but am finding propoints is stop go at the moment!! Might give it a try if nothing happens this week??

I have my meal in the evenings as I work 9-5 from Monday to Friday and just find it easier to have a shake at lunchtime than go and try to find a healthy 600 cal meal!

My snacks are usually fruit, ryvita with low-fat phili, yoghurt etc, but I sometimes save them up so I can have a more substaintial higher calorie meal at night - especially if I fancy something like cauliflower cheese etc which packs the calorie on even if you use low fat cheese :eek:

I also do A LOT of exercise so I often have more calories than recommended (I am using MFP to help me here) as I can burn anything from 600-1000 calories a day depending on what I do and will sometimes eat up to half of these calories back as SF does not take heavy exercise into consideration it just tells you to be "more active" if you can. It works for me and I'll continue to do it until my weight loss stops then reassess things.

Loser85 said:
Hi there,

the snacks can be anything you want so long as its under 100 cals. I have snack a jacks, cereal bars, soups and fruit.
I use my 600 cals for my evening meal, works out easier for me as i work evenings and need the boost when i come home but its upto you when you use it.

Good luck and let us know how you get on.

Thanks for that, I really enjoy yoghurts and soup is a good idea - I think that will help me stay on track!!!

Annya said:
I have my meal in the evenings as I work 9-5 from Monday to Friday and just find it easier to have a shake at lunchtime than go and try to find a healthy 600 cal meal!

My snacks are usually fruit, ryvita with low-fat phili, yoghurt etc, but I sometimes save them up so I can have a more substaintial higher calorie meal at night - especially if I fancy something like cauliflower cheese etc which packs the calorie on even if you use low fat cheese :eek:

I also do A LOT of exercise so I often have more calories than recommended (I am using MFP to help me here) as I can burn anything from 600-1000 calories a day depending on what I do and will sometimes eat up to half of these calories back as SF does not take heavy exercise into consideration it just tells you to be "more active" if you can. It works for me and I'll continue to do it until my weight loss stops then reassess things.

Thanks Annya - lunches are always my downfall - I'm disorganised so a SF drink is easy there. I need to get back to exercise. I'd got into running last year but my back went badly in November and I'm just about ok - might try 30 day shred again. Can't bring myself to go swimming

Thanks Annya - lunches are always my downfall - I'm disorganised so a SF drink is easy there. I need to get back to exercise. I'd got into running last year but my back went badly in November and I'm just about ok - might try 30 day shred again. Can't bring myself to go swimming

I am currently on Day 9, Level 2 of the 30DS and am convinced that JM is hellspawn :eek: - Christ almighty it is HARD WORK! Seeing results on the tape measure, but it is slowing down the scales............ TBH though I don't care how it comes off, I just want it off so if the scale doesn't shift another ounce but I lose a couple of dress sizes I'll be happy :D

I have three more of her DVDs sat on the rack waiting for the misery of the 30DS to be over - I think I might go for No More Trouble Zones next........ I must be stark staring MAD!!

I would love to swim but the nearest pool is literally miles away (I live in rural Wales) so not much chance of that. I run (doing Pooch25k with my lovely Dobie just now), I have a bike, and an elliptical plus loads of DVDs so I do OK. Zumba is next...... nearest class is 12 miles away so I have got DVDs and will have a crack at that when 30DS is over - perhaps 2 days JM then 1 day Zumba to mix things up a bit?

Annya said:
I am currently on Day 9, Level 2 of the 30DS and am convinced that JM is hellspawn :eek: - Christ almighty it is HARD WORK! Seeing results on the tape measure, but it is slowing down the scales............ TBH though I don't care how it comes off, I just want it off so if the scale doesn't shift another ounce but I lose a couple of dress sizes I'll be happy :D

I have three more of her DVDs sat on the rack waiting for the misery of the 30DS to be over - I think I might go for No More Trouble Zones next........ I must be stark staring MAD!!

I would love to swim but the nearest pool is literally miles away (I live in rural Wales) so not much chance of that. I run (doing Pooch25k with my lovely Dobie just now), I have a bike, and an elliptical plus loads of DVDs so I do OK. Zumba is next...... nearest class is 12 miles away so I have got DVDs and will have a crack at that when 30DS is over - perhaps 2 days JM then 1 day Zumba to mix things up a bit?

Wow you are doing loads!! I did 30DS last year and loved it until my wrist gave way at level 3. So I got into running - I did 5k last week to see how I went and will go out again this weekend - I love the freedom of it. I must get organised!!

Back