Hi there,anyone else opting for very low fat diet?

angel_2536

Morning everyone

Just a quick post to introduce myself. I'm Angel, 5'10 and currently weigh 14stne 5 (5.6 to be exact...damn these electronic scales! lol) and am hoping to get to around 13/12 stone eventually. My husband and I are currently having a weight loss competition before a Dec holiday to Berlin :). It has given us both an incentive to loose weight and generally feel a bit better about ourselves.

I've was just under 15 stone 3 weeks ago so am quite pleased with my progress. I had originally hoped to start lipotrim or another VLCD but to be honest I just couldn't drink the shakes. Has anyone else had that problem? A friend luckily gave me a few to try before I bought any, they tasted ok but that wheaty aftertaste turned my stomach. Annoying, cos I've heard to many great success stories !

Anyway, I just wondered if anyone else was following their own diet. I have dieted successfully in the past and have good self motivation (although I'm an "all or nothing" dieter-if I give in to temptation I find it hard to get back on track so am better being very strict with myself). Unfortunately that kind of mind set isn't too healthy and when I'm not in diet mode I tend to pile it all back on again, more so recently after the sudden death of my Dad.

Is there anyone else that is sticking to a very low fat diet? I do watch calories but tend to look more at fat content. I probably don't eat enough during the day but I never feel hungry and energy levels are good. Yesterday for example I had some fruit for breakfast, carrot sticks for a snack, lunch was a pitta bread and ham, and dinner the WW spaghetti bolognaise. Loads of water in between.

I'm also doing a lot of exercise and we've just bought ourselves bikes as a treat. My hubbie's doing well too and the "competition" is spurring us both on.

Had better get off to work, but just wanted to say hello, introduce myself and see if there were others out there "going it alone" so to speak. Would be good to chat.

Cheers

Angel xxx :eek:

:welome: to minimins. I was on cd those shakes a alot tastie than LT ones :) wishing you and hubby best of luck with weight loss journeys :)

Hi Angel and welcome :welcome:, you'll find this place is great for keeping you on track and the girls (& boys!) are all really helpful. Sorry to hear about your dad :grouphugg: but well done with trying to focus on something to help you through this tough time. I'm newish here too and found the Inspiration Slide Show in the blue tool bar totally amazing I regularly look at it as I find it really helps. I have always done WW, then 3 years ago I went to a Slimming World meeting but I couldn't get my head around it :confused: and ended up throwing the book in the back of the cupboard and never going back.

3 years on PLUS on extra 3st!!! :eek: I found this place and I have just (on Mon) started the SW plan (with the books from the back of the cupboard lol) and so far I have lost 6lb:bliss: totally thrilled but shocked too as I can eat when I'm hungry and don't have to worry about points and weighing and calories. I'm going it alone because of lack of funds but I don't think I would be able to do it without this place. Its like going to a meeting but better! Take a look at the October challenge thread its only just started, great way to keep on track :scale:

Anyway which ever way you decide to do it good luck and this place is always here to help you.

Piglet x

Hi guys

Thanks so much for all your comments and encouragement.

Well done on your weight loss Piglet, that's a great start for you- it's really motivating when you can see results like that. Yeah I've tried WW and South beach diets in the past but have always had better success just doing things myself. I really fancied the CD but the cost is a bit prohibitive at the moment. Will have a look at the Oct challenge, sounds good.

Thanks for your good advice starlight, will dig out my WW recipes and books and get back into them. I am probably being a bit too severe with my intake so could bulk it up with more proteins and fruit etc.

Anyway, thanks again for your very warm welcome!
Angel xx

Back