Hi there fellow dieters! Phase 2

Hello all, I'm new around here! Hoping to get a little (a lot) of motivation from fellow dieters as I've hit a bit of a plateau :(

I'm 21 and started taking my health seriously at the end of August this year. I hadn't realised how much weight I'd actually piled on just by eating badly and generally being lazy. I got on the scales out of curiosity after seeing some horrendous photos from a party that I'd gone to the previous night, after having convinced myself that they were just bad photos, unflattering angles...the last time I had stepped on a scale a few months prior to August this year I weighed in at around 11st. I'm 5"4 and at 11st I was already overweight. I stepped back on the scales 4 months ago and was horrified when I saw 202lbs flash up, I'd put on over 3st in a few months.

I was absolutely devastated. How I could have let myself get so unhealthy and allow my weight to get so out of control I will never know.

But! I am happy to say that since August 20th 2012 I managed to lose 31lbs by eating healthily and exercising. I am now 171lbs, have dropped 2 dress sizes and happy-ish with where I'm at. I need to get to 130lbs so still have 40lbs to go but have hit a but of a plateau as I've been fluctuating between 171lbs and 173lbs for the last 2 weeks or so and I feel as if I have to work as hard as I used to a couple of months back to lose 3lbs just to lose 1lb or a few ounces :(

I am looking into the VLCDs that are out there, focusing on the Cambridge, as a possible option to break through the 70's and get me into the 160's lbs but I'm scared of it messing up with my metabolism and undoing all of the hard work I've put in...just feel a bit stuck and hoping to get some answers and advice here!

Also hoping to find a buddy for the new year as I'm taking a bit of a break over Christmas (nothing crazy! Won't be gaining!) and looking to start something new on New Year's Day. Wish me luck for Phase 2 of my journey <3

Back