HI there

Rae Rae

Gold Member
Hiya,

Just wanted to say hello really.

I did Cambridge in 2009 and lost 3 stone and 4 pounds after losing 2 stone on ww, managed to maintain for a while then had to go off work sick and have an operation so sadly i went back to my old ways of comfort eating and not goin to the gym so put all my weight back on plus more...takin me to the heaviest i have ever been.

So in May this year i started my CD journey again for the last time. I have used this forum daily but only lurked at peoples diaries and posts until today. I wanted to let people know that this diet can be done if stuck to properly as of today i have reached my goal again..... i have lost 7 stone in exactly 6 months which is amazin,u wouldnt get that on any other diet.

Good luck to everyone and keep going xx

well done on your loss , its lovely to hear from people who have done it and go tto goal :) I have lost 7 stone too , although in 2 seperate blocks , and its taken me 6 months ( with a 6 month break in between ) I now have about 1.5 - 2 stone to go :)
It sure is a fabulous diet , let us know ho you get on maintaining as thats the bit I am dreading !!!

Congratulations - what a brilliant achievement! Here's to maintaining!!
Lynne
x

Maintaining is the hardest part, i found that last time so hoping my mindset wont change this time and can continue to stay the same weight. I was so strict with myself because was scared that id put weight on then one day just give up.

You have also done amazing determinator, you will get to goal xx

Dont feel stupid....weve all had a day 2...now heres to day 3,4,5,6,then itls be weigh in and you will have an amazing loss which will encourage you to carry on xx

wow , thats amazing !

Congratulations, that's amazing! I have 100lbs (7st 2lbs) to lose in 8 months, so you're an inspiration to me!

Xxx

Thanks ladies.

Jill you CAN do it, everybody has their hard times but the results make it sooo worth it and you'll be proud of yourself for every day that u complete. How are u finding it?what plan r u on? Well done on your 12 pound loss, that nearly a stone off already, the rest will be off in no time xx

Thank you Rae Rae, that was a lovely message. I am so proud of myself for completing nearly 9 days already (and so proud today for resisting some yummy lunch and homemade brownies).

I'm on SS, I am finding this week so much better than last week - but I do find social occasions really hard - they all revolve around food, don't they!

Thank you - I'm chuffed with 12lbs in my first week - its worth all those missed meals! I keep thinking, this is such a small time out of my life - I can eat again, just not just now.

Xxx

9 days is a long time doin a diet like cambridge, its so mentally hard not bein able to eat anything so i found ss+ suited me better as i had to 'chew something' i couldnt have gone 6 months without eatin a single thing, i applaud those that can do it!!

The social situations ae the worst especially when people ask why ur not drinkin etc but the end result is worth it. I disnt wanna give in cos theni thought thats another week i have to stick at it for as just wanted it to be done with ASAP.

Congratulations on resisting the temptations, u must be thrilled. I find myself sniffing food, i do it all the time, cant help it but whatever gets u through eh,lol.

U will be able to enjoy those foods again soon and you'll prob find u wont even want them. We all miss food but when it comes to tasting it again, it doesnt really seem worth it. Your tastes definitley change on this diet. The first time i did this diet i was a diet coke fiend then when went onto maintenance i couldnt stand the stuff and still cant now.

U ahve done so wel losin that 12 pounds, u will definitley lose the rest well before your goal date.

xx

That's a fantastic achievement, I did CD once before too it does change your mind set, I think partly because you've lost it so fast it's still fresh In your mind how you felt at the start. Over Christmas isn't the best time to do CD particularly as there are all the social occasions and you can't avoid them all!! I need to make sure my heads right before the boxes of biscuits, mince pies and chocolates start arriving at work.

Thank you everyone for your kind words.

I dont really know how i feel to be honest. When i got to goal last time, i was petrified about eating again and going up the steps cos i thought id put weight on but i diddnt then i maintained until it all went pear shaped.

This time i hope i dont get the same feelings as i know what to expect now, started 810 from yesterday so fingers crossed the scales stay were they are. We work so hard to get the weight off but in my mind, thats the 'easy bit' the hardest part is keeping it off so fingers crossed i will NEVER have to diet again xx

Back