Hi there!!!

gonabslim79

I've not posted here for a long time!!!

I did cd about 5 years ago and lost 2 stone, fell in love and put it back on and more. I did rc and lost 2.5 stone then had a baby. Did rc again last June and lost 2. Now I can't seem to get back on the wagon. I'm good at maintaining but it won't go down.

I vowed not to do vlcd again but I'm due to be bridesmaid in may!!!

The dress I have been bought my mum and partner tell me it's not very flattering. It hangs over my belly and doesn't enhance my shape!!!?

So I need to do something to help it look better on me!!! (the bride insists its ok)

So, I think I'm gonna struggle to do the shakes with my family as sole source, so my question is does anyone do this as brekkie, lunch and eat a real tea. ? And it still work ?

Also I work 3 days a week, and my work mates will kill me if they know I'm on this !!!

Also I do circuit training a couple of times a week and run once or twice too. This burns about 500-600 cals per session.

What are your views on exercise?

What shakes are the most affordable?

Many thanks!!!!

The cheapest VLCDs are Exante and Slim & Save, both are bought online, so no councellors etc and both are very successful.

You can buy a weeks variety pack from Exante with all their packs in it and S&S do a sample pack so you could try either/both before you commit to one.

Obviously Id recommend Exante ;)

Great thanks, I've looked at their plan and the working one looks ok.

How easy are the soups to make up at work?

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Yer not sure I'd get away with a coffee frother! We have a k

]Yer not sure I'd get away with a coffee frother! We have a kettle/urn and a microwave. It's an open plan office. Can I make it up before work and reheat? Or mix with a fork?

What about exercise? Am I likely to pass out?

Hi gonabeslim. I wish you luck and all that. I just gotta ask, why are you doing this? The way you tell it, it's because your prtner said a certain dress wasn't flattering. A dress which you said you have no complaint with and which the bride says is fine.

Now maybe thats just the way youve told it, and you're actually wanting to release the weight for more reasons than just that. But I gotta ask because you haven't mentioned being unhappy yourself with your weight...why are you doing this? If it's just because of this one dress...can't you get a different dress? Or even tell your partner that you're happy with the dress and if he thinks it's not flattering that's his problem? :/

Oh crikey no!!! My partner and me have always been honest with each other. I hadn't seen myself originally but I have now and agree. The dress hangs over my belly and my bum sticks out so it hangs over both. The dress could be more flattering if it was fitted to the waist not the boobs. I just want to make it look better on me as the bride will not change them, she's pretty stressed!!

After losing 2 stone last year I'm struggling to lose more and hope this will kick start me!!

I want to lose at least another 2 as we want to start trying for another baby in the summer and I don't want to be fat and preggas again.

Sorry maybe I should have told my story in more detail earlier! Just didn't want to bore anyone! Lol.

Hey gonnabeslim, well that sounds awesome, like will make you feel really really good about you. Sorry if I jumped to conclusions! I'm glad to hear this is what you want too :) I think you can TOTALY do this!!

So, you asked a few questions, I will try and help answer them:

1. You asked if people have the shakes and bars etc for breakfast and lunch and then eat a real dinner. OK, you COULD do that, but it probably wouldn't be a Very Low Calorie Diet anymore. VLCD is where you just have the meal replacements, and it kicks your body into ketosis, where your body starts burning all the fat you're carrying instead of getting it from food. It takes 4-6 days to get into the ketosis state (although I may have just done it after 2(!?)), after which you will no longer feel hungry and it will be much easier to stick to. If you eat a real meal each night, your body won't go into ketosis and you'll just be really hungry every day for all the time you're on the diet. There are so many things that can kick you out of ketosis, and 'real food' (with the exception of some veggies) is the big one. Even certain herbal teas can do it. So if you're going for a VLCD it's best to do it properly, with replacing all meals, and just put up with feeling hungry the first few days until ketosis kicks in, then you won't need dinner anyway, you'll be happy with a shake or bar. If you DON'T think that's for you, you could do use the shakes and bars for some meals, but do a calorie counting diet instead. That's where you'd probably replace one or two meals a day with bars / shakes, and be happy knowing that they give you all the nutrients you need, but you'd calorie count the rest of what you eat and there's no ketosis. The difference is a VLCD is more like 600 calories a day and calorie counting is usually 1200-1500 depending on your weight, etc. If you're interested in that head on over to the calorie counting forum to check it out.

2. You asked if you'd pass out after exercise. I hope not! Unless you're pushing your body to far, too fast. Before ketosis kicks in I found it's best to tone the exercise back a bit, to stop yourself feeling faint. People say once it kicks in, you feel increased energy accompanied with euphoria (actually I'm feeling that now). So then i think exercise, regular exercise which you're OK with, would be a very very good thing indeed. Your body likes to move and keep healthy, it's what it's designed to do :) So go for it! Just keep aware of where you are and don't push yourself too hard, but the circit training you're doing sounds very good and I think you'll have no problem keeping on doing that.

PS Ketosis rocks!!!! ;)

Thanks LST!!! Great help!! Thanks for answering my questions!!!

Thanks starlight, I've been looking at those whisk things for the office. Was thinking I could just convince work the soup is a new soup I'm trying but needs whiz zing!!! I looked on eBay and there's some on there for a few quid. I need to log on my pc and show you the link, if you wouldn't mind letting me know that's the one your talking about!!!

Cheers ladies!!!

You could always do WS and have s shake for brekkie and a bar for lunch (I'm a bit partial to the Tosco Ultraslim chocolate crispy bars which you can have on Exante (and S&S I'm guessing)). that way you don't have to worry about creating a soup at work. I love my lunch of a bar and a coke zero (feels like a proper treat!! Then you could have another soup/shake and a high protein dinner.... Simples!

Thanks. My main problem is getting away with this plan with the work girls!!!

Vcld diets are very much frowned upon so to start with I feel I need to do this in secret!! I only work 3 days a week.

Having a bar at lunch would raise questions about why I wasn't eating a proper lunch. We are open plan office and eat at our desks.

I have a plan though!!!

I will pour out soup powder and tell them it's cast off soup mum gave me to clear out cupboards! But I need to whizz as it gets lumpy!!!! Aha!!!!! Lol

Think I can get away with this!!! Hee hee!!!! Xx

I know what you mean about it being frowned upon! Thankfully I'm on mat leave so don't have to deal with that side of things although I have raised eyebrows from turning down cakes etc from my mummy friends and I hate trying to explain myself and my choice. I guess the only thing about people finding out is that it makes you more determined to succeed as you want to prove the sceptics wrong!

Good idea on the soup! A friend of mine used to go into the toilets to avoid the glare of colleagues!!!

Good luck!

Claire x

Cx

I completely agree with what Starlight has said - if this is what you want to do, then do it and let others think what they will. How you lose weight is your choice - no one elses.

Now to the soup mixing dilemma - I've found that I can mix soups well enough with a fork. I just add a drop of cold water into the mix, stir well with a fork, then add the hot water slowly. I get the same results as I would with any cup-a-soup type product.

The whisk is brill for mixing up the vanilla (with coffee) or chocolate as hot drinks as it gives you a nice frothy head. I don't like using it on soups, because of the very same think (froth).

Anyway - whatever you choose to do, I hope it works well for you. Oh - and I would wholeheartedly recommend Exante :)

Back