Hi there

Hi there,

I'm John. I am 25 and weigh 18st10lbs (feel like I'm taking part in a self help group haha)

A little about me which I hope some of you can relate to. I began my weight lose journey a few years ago weighing 25 stone. You name it and I've probably done it. However January 2014 I changed myself or so I thought I entered a weight loss competition where you have 18 weeks to lose as much weight as you can for charity. So June 2nd and I got on the scale at 15 stone 7 pounds and became the winner of the competition! I won a year's free gym membership among loads of other thing and I truly never felt better apart from being so tired, drained and hooked on losing weight I felt amazing. June, July and August I slowed down quite a bit and only went the gym around 3/4 times a week instead of the 7 day's a week, a class a day, bootcamp 3/4 times a week and swimming every day I had done for 6 months.

Naturaly I would gain abit of weight but up until August I didn't I stayed the same but then I started losing track eating the odd crap meal, skipping working out which brings us to today.

As I said I am 18st10lbs and I feel so lost (again) I went from knowing what to do, eating healthy, working out, having the odd naughty thing but now I don't have the conference to do it again. I walk to work praying deep down that noone recognises me as the guy who was in the paper and lost almost 10 stone in a year (sounds crazy but it's true). When people come up to me and say nice thing I get this overwhelming feeling of guilt that I not only let myself down but this person saying nice thing might of been one of the people who sponsored me during the competition and now I've gained over 3 stone back and they still be nice.

Why am I telling a website full of people I don't know this? In the hope just one of you guys or girls know what's wrong with me haha. Yes we all get down, yes we all have gains and losses but mine feels so much bigger than what it is I think because I stupidly done mine with the whole town watching.

Am I being stupid not having the conference to lose weight even though I know how to lose weight?

Thanks if you read this

Lots of love and luck in your journey

John x

One word: Sugar
- what it is .. addictive.

how addicted are you actually?

I have a lot of respect for ONLY gaining 3 stone back so far... it's a huge achievement. 18 stone is not crippled to the point where you can't walk, so think of the plusses, do what you can, get back to exercise slowly - from my experience it makes you hungry though - exercising, but i know it's a part of it

Congrats for not needing surgery to lose 10 amazing stone... do you know how great it is that you are 18, not 25 stone?

you are a success story, you deserve all the praise... get back to it... remember the bad times and remember what you did... if you prefer losing weight to gaining it.. do that

Best luck

I'm 17 lbs down out of more than 50 to lose.

I'm not addicted to sugar I down thinK. Id say I reach for carbs over sugar.

I've always been able to walk even being 25 stone! I'm 6 ft 1 so I held it all over my body lucky but since I lost the weight I went from a 50 inch waist to a 36 but my upper body is the place were I have gained the 3 stone back on I went from a size large to a extra large again.

And thanks I guess ☺ I am proud of myself for not being 25 stone still but I've just lost all my motivation and confidence again with the weighy gain.

It sounds crazy but I was more convenient being 25 stone that I am being the weight I am now

motivation comes and goes, go with it when it's there!!

It's a hell of a difficult one - i can relate to the fattest by the way i was eating to get to 13 st 8 lbs i didn't have a 'no' with food, like when i smoked 60 a day i didn't hold back and it's how to kill one self those kind of addictions

I think that what you did was a massive achievement and well done to you for doing it. I have read so many books on how to lose weight and I know how to lose weight that I could write my own,but it's so easy to fall off the bandwagon. I am at my worst when I am having a bad day and things aren't going very well,that's when I find myself reaching for the foods that I shouldn't be. I know it's easy to think that people will be judging you because you have put some of it back on but if you dwell on that it will probably make you feel worse,instead keep focused and remember that you managed to accomplish this before and you can again,keep positive,good luck.

Firstly I agree with what has already been said...what you've achieved so far is fantastic.
You have to try to look at the positives....yes you've put back on 3 stone but it could have been worse.
Most of us here are in the same position...In that knowing how to lose the weight and actually doing it are two very different things. But you've done it before and that can be used as motivation to do it again. You'll find so much support here too :)

Back