Hi *waves shyly*

Yums

Hey, I'm new to these forums. To cut a long story short I'm here because I've had a look through the site and you all seem like extremely nice, supportive people and I could do with a bit of that in my weight loss journey :eek: My weight suddenly rocketed end of 2011 and I put on over 4 stone (a mixture of bereavement, anti-depressants and comfort eating). I've been working as hard as I can to get it off but I want it to STAY off - I don't want to yoyo diet because it's as stressful as it is unhealthy.

I'm not doing a diet per se, just trying to be very mindful of what I eat, trying to exercise (when I feel like it... ahem) and vaguely calorie counting. It is working, for the most part, but as I say I still have demons to battle with and my weight has fluctuated all of my life as when the going gets tough, I tend to stuff my face. I'm considering slimming world as everyone I know who has done it only has nice things to say about it :D I've lost over 3 stone but it's mostly because I've got a job that keeps me on my feet a lot (and for that I am forever grateful!!) but I could do with a "proper" weight loss routine so I can feel confident that I'm doing the right thing.

Anyway!! I've rambled long enough. Nice to meet you all and hope I can also provide support to anyone who might need it xxx

hello :)
if what you are doing works and is not too hard then I would suggest it is a good weight loss routine. The hardest part is finding something that we can stick to. Because its too easy to get to a target weight and then let it slide again.
Being mindful with everything is a very good place to start :) well done on your weight loss so far :)

Back