Hi

I'm new to this site been on every diet imaginable over the years but due to health and kids put it back on!
Going to enjoy Xmas and new Year then give myself a kick up the arse
Any one got suggestions for which diet the best

I'm doing Slimming World. Seems to be the nearest to "normal diet" as you can get.

I've lost the weight slowly but surely over the last 5 months and have reached target. Hopefully it will stay off just as easily.

Denise

joedenise said:
I'm doing Slimming World. Seems to be the nearest to "normal diet" as you can get.

I've lost the weight slowly but surely over the last 5 months and have reached target. Hopefully it will stay off just as easily.

Denise

thanks Denise I've done s world before and thought it was a good plan my prob is I get bored easily if I cant see it coming off quick

I'm new to this site been on every diet imaginable over the years but due to health and kids put it back on!
Going to enjoy Xmas and new Year then give myself a kick up the arse
Any one got suggestions for which diet the best

Hi Kelly - welcome to the site and good luck for the New Year.
Your choice of diet is soo personal isn't it and finding the one that is right for both your body and your mind set is quite often more difficult than losing the weight itself!
The forums for the individual diets are really useful and I would browse them all before you start.
From my own personal experience (and I reiterate that this is purely my own opinion :)), I loved the posts on the SW forum the folk in there are really friendly, but to get SW to work I feel you need to go to the classes, I think you also need alot of will power - I found the Syn thing just too tempting and I need to be stricter. You also seem ( i could be wrong) to eat a lot of carbs on SW and I've found that I am sensitive to carbohydrates - are you? If you are go for a low GI., South Beach, or Atkins style diet - the Atkins Forum is also really friendly ( and sometimes very funny).
Do you want to try a TFR (total food replacement) I've never fancied it myself - but some of the results that those guys have are out of this world - another good chatty forum in there too.
As I said these are only my personal opinion and may be completely different from you. But once you've decided DO start some kind of diary and let the good folk of Minimins support you all the way!

Back