Hi

Hi everyone, I've just discovered minimins so thought I'd drop by to say "hello". I started slimming world last Tuesday but am doing it without actually joining. I reached target a few yrs ago but after having 2 children I've regained it plus a bit extra :-(.

I've got a fab holiday to Dubai booked for September so am on a mission!

Saff xxx

Hello Saffymouse1
I was so pleased to discover this site as I'm also going it alone (must be a mouse thing!) after years of yoyo dieting and several ventures into Slimming World. So far I've found answers to all my SW questions, and am painlessly into my third week on the Extra Easy plan which gives me a lot of happy eating.... hope to stay as long as it takes. And beyond! I'm sure you'll manage to accomplish your mission with all the help available here.

Hi woodmouse :)

I'm doing extra easy too. I do miss cakes, chocolate and bikkies but am the kind of person who can't stop at one :-( so try to avoid using them as syns. I'm getting thru a lot of muller light yogurts and fruit. I've also swopped wine for gin and slimline tonic! I'm breastfeeding so am having more healthy B's.

My absolute favourite thing at the mo is Weetabix mini bites, fruit and nut variety. I could honestly consume a box per day. I'm hoping they count as a 'b' choice but am not sure. I have 2 big bowls for brekkie and so far am losing weight so hopefully the breastfeeding and regular walks are helping!

I'm sure we'll get there if we stay focused!

X

Hi Saffymouse :)

'When one is too many and ten is not enough' as we used to say in class!

I love Extra Easy. I did SW several times before the EE plan was brought in but these days I just love a plan that mixes things up and for the most part I'm finding portion control no problem. I've spent years working through my emotional reactions and reasons for overeating, learning about healthy eating, and hope I've ditched the diet mentality for ever. I felt that for me, portion control was the last hurdle. And now, with EE, it doesn't seem to even be a problem! Maybe tomorrow I'll hit a snag or two, but I'm enjoying today while it lasts.

With regards the Weetabix mini bites - I've got an old list from SW which lists 28g Weetabix Mini Crunch with banana/fruit and nut as an HXb on original and green days, so you should be fine there.

Yes. Let's not lose sight of the goal. It'll be well worth reaching.

Woodmouse x

Welcome to Minis :) Good luck with SW and your weight loss journey x

Back