Hi

welome and good luck in your journey.... i am sure you will love the SW and the not having to worry about feeling hungry any more!! its a great plan :)

hi largelesley!

Welcome to Slimming World!

I too don't go to classes. I had joined before but didn't really stick to it, so I have all the stuff from then.

Your at the best place if you have questions though. I have found this site invaluable! It really is a fantastic place for support & encouragement!

Lele

Hi Lesley!

great to see you here. I'm biased, but I think you've definitely made a good decision - no hunger and lots of weight loss. Gotta be good :)

Hi Lesley, welcome to Slimming World! You'll love the plan - there's minimal weighing and counting to be done and you need never go hungry. Good luck!

Hi there welcome to SW, best of luck :)

Had 2 weigh-ins and just found this site... HI EVERYONE!
I love the idea of 'free food' but so far only lost 3lbs... Happy but do most people lose more in the first 2 weeks???
I don't actually think the diet is much different to what I've been doing since Jan on my own (I've already lost around 10lbs alone), but wanted something to give me a kick start, as my wedding is in 13 weeks!!!

hi there i had my first weigh in yesterday and lost 2llb, i my self over the last 12months had lost 2 stone by healthy eating and exercise then for the last 2 months could not lose no more no matter what i did so went to sw for a kick up the bum,and its worked any loss for me is good,keep it up im sure you will be a nice slim glowing bride good luck x

Had 2 weigh-ins and just found this site... HI EVERYONE!
I love the idea of 'free food' but so far only lost 3lbs... Happy but do most people lose more in the first 2 weeks???
I don't actually think the diet is much different to what I've been doing since Jan on my own (I've already lost around 10lbs alone), but wanted something to give me a kick start, as my wedding is in 13 weeks!!!

Most people do lose more in their first week, but that is usually because they are going from an "unhealthy" diet - full fat milk, lots of bread, butter, olive oil, crisps, chocolate, wine... to one that is really healthy. As you said you have already obviously been making serious changes to have lost your 10lb (well done btw!!) so your body is already used to the lower calorie intake and you wont have the usual water retention to lose.

3lb in the first two weeks is still great - at this rate you will have lost 2 stone altogether by your wedding which is a massive change!

Stick in there, your doing fab!

GL to the newbies :)

I do it at home on my own too and this site is utterly priceless. No question is a stupid question and someone is always around to point you in the right direction.

The SW lot are incredibly chatty and supportive - you've made a good choice!!

All the very best.
x

Back