Hi

I'm giving Exante another go and I've heard such good things and lots of recommendations for this site for support which I really need. I little bit about myself...

Since falling pregnant with my little boy in 2013 I've given up on all diets for one reason or another. There's always been an excuse or a reason to 'start next Monday' - however, I am currently the heaviest I have ever been which is hitting my depression and anxiety massively. I've always been big, as long as I can remember. At school I was always the biggest child and as I got older I was one of them 'you've got such a pretty face' girls and I always knew what they really meant was you could do with losing some weight! I was diagnosed with PCOS in my late teens and progressively found it more difficult to shift the weight.

I fell pregnant with my Son in 2013 and actually lost weight because I was eating a lot healthier for the sake of my child. I looked and felt good and especially after I had given birth however in the last 2 years I've gained 5 stone and really not happy at all.

Almost a year ago I suffered a ruptured ectopic pregnancy and since then have gained almost 3 stone which has got me to where I am today.

I have suffered with depression and anxiety for years and the massive amount of weight gained to date isn't helping my mental health.

I don't go anywhere as I think people are laughing or sniggering at me. There is no intimacy between myself and my partner and hasn't been for over a year. I actually do feel disgusted in myself.

My Son is missing out because Mummy doesn't have the confidence to be out and about so we barely do anything.

I've tried exante before and it worked well for me (once I got past the first 4 days) and I'm giving it another shot hoping that I see it through to the end and not make the same mistakes as I have done in the past.

Apologies for the long post - with this being my first one I see it as a list of reasons why I need to see this through. Not just for myself but also for my family. I'm miserable and it has a knock on effect on them which isn't fair.

Thank you in advance for any help or support and I look forward to chatting on the boards with you all soon x

aww bless you hon xx You shouldn't apologise for outpouring - it is so cathartic to share the full story x hope you re feeling better for sharing. Check out my own intro post - it sure helped me to get it all down on paper, so to speak. This site is a great source of support and info and even if you don't get loads of replies, don't be put off. No one makes any nasty bitchy comments -I see mostly people making helpful replies. Check how many people actually view your posts - I m sure that by sharing now, you have already made a good contribution, as many will read it and think 'thank god it's not just me' but they couldn't find the courage to express their own pain. Not being cheeky I hope but are you getting GP support with your depression and anxiety? As much as anything you may/may not eat, those two demons can contribute to a feeling of being helpless, lost, unable to take charge and own your life, diet included. I know these demons only too well and had my prescription changed which made everything seem just so much more .... do-able. I ve never heard of Exante - I m on SW - but very best of luck and make sure all aspects are equally addressed, your emotional health as well as your physical health. Be well, do well, and very best of luck - and whatever else does/doesn t come good short term, keep kissing that beautiful baby cos you are his mum, and tall, fat, small or thin, he will always look at you through adoring eyes xxx

Last edited:
Just want to say good luck - and I am looking forward to hear more about your story. It's always great to share, and we are here for you!

Back