Hi

Ive been on here about a week and I thought Id say a proper hello to everyone.
This is my second attemp at SW, joined last year but long story short, I hated our consultant and then my Dad was diagnosed with terminal lung cancer so since xmas we have really been at the hospital once a week for chemo. Its just really to prolong his life. I know its an excuse but the past 6 months have not been normal. It was either eat or hit the drink. I did a bit of both lol Any wonder I smoke.
Anyways, I have a massive 8 stone to get rid of. Its my weigh in tonight and I cant wait! Im so fed up with feeling tired, sore, knackered..... list is endless lol. Also Id love to shop somewhere other than M&S and bloody Evans. Id love to go into Primark and get a wee top for £3 that fits me, like I used to be able to. Now its a size 22-24 from evans. :cry:
Final straw came in February when we were invited to Buckingham Palace, I had a lovely outfit and hat that cost a fortune but I hated it on me. The pics are awful, I cringe everytime I see them. I wish I had of been a bit slimmer as it was such a special day for my dad and the pics would have turned out far better.
I find SW quite easy, Ive stuck to the plan and only really have about 1-3 syns a day. Ive made a few of the recipes off here and some have been great.
Well thats kinda me in a nut shell (a big nut shell lol), spend all day in work on here now, so Im getting no work done at all. :p
Vicky
xxx

Hi Vicky, Welcome to the mad house!

Best of luck with SW, but you sound like you are doing well already. Come on here all the time and update us too.

I'm sorry to hear about your Dad, I turned to food when my Mum was diagnosed with cancer too.... sorry I can't stay to write too much, but I'm sure your Dad is proud of you no matter if you're size 22 or size 8, but I know what you mean about photos, I'm tall so automatically go and hide at the back. Hehe.

Ohh and also, what was the palace like? Did you have cucumber sandwiches?? (see I always relate it back to food - doh).

Good luck girly xxx

Hiya Louise, The Palace was cool, we were only allowed our cameras into the first big hall and then we had to leave them. Its was amazing in the ball room where the ceramony was, We got front row seats but got nothing to eat. I think you only get fed when you go to a garden party, we were at a honors thing for my da cause he got a mbe

Hiya hunny Welcome and hopeyou enjoy it here we are a friendly bunch!

Have a look at some posts and see if they help.
Sorry to hear about your dad and i hope he is getting better.

What plan do you like to follow green or red.

Chin up chick
Ruthy xxx

Hiya Ruthy

I kinda prefer the green, last time at SW i lost 2st in 6 weeks and I only followed the green. not really into red meat but Im thinking of having a red day on sunday cause i want a big prawn cocktail.

Jeepers its taken me 4 moths to lose that!
God its going slow for meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeelp!

Good luck though hun with your weight loss

Ruthy xxx

Welcome Vicky!!!

I know what you mean though, whenever I get really stressed the diet is the first thing to go out the window! It was probably more important for you to just get through that time and not have to worry about your diet as well so don't feel bad about that! Happy to have you in the "group" :)

xx
Steph

Hi Vicky and welcome. I'm pretty new myself having been on SW for just over 3 weeks. I'm really sorry to hear about your dad but you must have been very proud at the Palace when he got his MBE.:)

Hi Vicky and welcome. I'm pretty new myself having been on SW for just over 3 weeks. I'm really sorry to hear about your dad but you must have been very proud at the Palace when he got his MBE.:)

Thanks, Yeah it was great for him. Hes worked very hard and Im glad he was honored for that cause theres not many that are. Dads doing good now but tired at times, we just dont really know what the next few months / year will hold for us but its one day at a time. xx

Hey - from one Vicky to another. I'll just echo what the others have said. xxx Welcome, good luck, we're here for you and all that kinda stuff. keep us informed (we're a nosy bunch really!) xxxx

:wavey::wavey: Hiya Vicky, Welcome to Minis, Make sure you come see us regularly x

Thanks everyone for being so nice. Nanny Jax im on here all day when Im at work lol.

hi vicky and welcome , hope everything goes well for you its my second time with slimming world also i lost last time quicker than this ah well we must keep trying lol good luck with your journey:wave_cry::party0038: xx

Back