Hi

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by vicky82, 24 April 2008 Social URL.

1. vicky82

vicky82 Meh

Diet:
    Being healthy
    Ive been on here about a week and I thought Id say a proper hello to everyone.
    This is my second attemp at SW, joined last year but long story short, I hated our consultant and then my Dad was diagnosed with terminal lung cancer so since xmas we have really been at the hospital once a week for chemo. Its just really to prolong his life. I know its an excuse but the past 6 months have not been normal. It was either eat or hit the drink. I did a bit of both lol Any wonder I smoke.
    Anyways, I have a massive 8 stone to get rid of. Its my weigh in tonight and I cant wait! Im so fed up with feeling tired, sore, knackered..... list is endless lol. Also Id love to shop somewhere other than M&S and bloody Evans. Id love to go into Primark and get a wee top for £3 that fits me, like I used to be able to. Now its a size 22-24 from evans. :cry:
    Final straw came in February when we were invited to Buckingham Palace, I had a lovely outfit and hat that cost a fortune but I hated it on me. The pics are awful, I cringe everytime I see them. I wish I had of been a bit slimmer as it was such a special day for my dad and the pics would have turned out far better.
    I find SW quite easy, Ive stuck to the plan and only really have about 1-3 syns a day. Ive made a few of the recipes off here and some have been great.
    Well thats kinda me in a nut shell (a big nut shell lol), spend all day in work on here now, so Im getting no work done at all. :p
    Vicky
    xxx

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Louise24

Louise24 Gold Member

Diet:
    slimming world
    Hi Vicky, Welcome to the mad house!

Best of luck with SW, but you sound like you are doing well already. Come on here all the time and update us too.

I'm sorry to hear about your Dad, I turned to food when my Mum was diagnosed with cancer too.... sorry I can't stay to write too much, but I'm sure your Dad is proud of you no matter if you're size 22 or size 8, but I know what you mean about photos, I'm tall so automatically go and hide at the back. Hehe.

Ohh and also, what was the palace like? Did you have cucumber sandwiches?? (see I always relate it back to food - doh).

Good luck girly xxx

4. vicky82

vicky82 Meh

Diet:
    Being healthy
    Hiya Louise, The Palace was cool, we were only allowed our cameras into the first big hall and then we had to leave them. Its was amazing in the ball room where the ceramony was, We got front row seats but got nothing to eat. I think you only get fed when you go to a garden party, we were at a honors thing for my da cause he got a mbe

5. RUTHYJ357

RUTHYJ357 Gold Member

Diet:
    SW
    Hiya hunny Welcome and hopeyou enjoy it here we are a friendly bunch!

Have a look at some posts and see if they help.
    Sorry to hear about your dad and i hope he is getting better.

What plan do you like to follow green or red.

Chin up chick
    Ruthy xxx

6. vicky82

vicky82 Meh

Diet:
    Being healthy
    Hiya Ruthy

I kinda prefer the green, last time at SW i lost 2st in 6 weeks and I only followed the green. not really into red meat but Im thinking of having a red day on sunday cause i want a big prawn cocktail.

7. skinnymonkey1day

skinnymonkey1day Silver Member

Diet:
    slimming world
    Hi vicky and welcome hun we are all here to support each other.

8. RUTHYJ357

RUTHYJ357 Gold Member

Diet:
    SW
    Jeepers its taken me 4 moths to lose that!
    God its going slow for meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeelp!

Good luck though hun with your weight loss

Ruthy xxx

9. StephCracknell

StephCracknell Silver Member

Start Weight:
    13st0lb
    Current Weight:
    12st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st4lb(2.2%)
    Diet:
    WW Pro points
    Welcome Vicky!!!

I know what you mean though, whenever I get really stressed the diet is the first thing to go out the window! It was probably more important for you to just get through that time and not have to worry about your diet as well so don't feel bad about that! Happy to have you in the "group" :)

xx
    Steph

10. Force Ten

Force Ten Serial Dieter

Start Weight:
    16st9lb
    Current Weight:
    16st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st5lb(2.15%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Hi Vicky and welcome. I'm pretty new myself having been on SW for just over 3 weeks. I'm really sorry to hear about your dad but you must have been very proud at the Palace when he got his MBE.:)

11. vicky82

vicky82 Meh

Diet:
    Being healthy
    Thanks, Yeah it was great for him. Hes worked very hard and Im glad he was honored for that cause theres not many that are. Dads doing good now but tired at times, we just dont really know what the next few months / year will hold for us but its one day at a time. xx

12. rainbow

rainbow Gold Member

Start Weight:
    20st4.5lb
    Current Weight:
    17st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    2st5.5lb(11.78%)
    Diet:
    SW
    Hey - from one Vicky to another. I'll just echo what the others have said. xxx Welcome, good luck, we're here for you and all that kinda stuff. keep us informed (we're a nosy bunch really!) xxxx

13. sonban

sonban Addicted to Minimins

Hey Vicky welcome and good luck on your SW journey.

Sorry about your dad :hug99:

14. Nanny Jax

Nanny Jax getting back on track

Diet:
    Slimming world
    :wavey::wavey: Hiya Vicky, Welcome to Minis, Make sure you come see us regularly x

15. vicky82

vicky82 Meh

Diet:
    Being healthy
    Thanks everyone for being so nice. Nanny Jax im on here all day when Im at work lol.

16. jezebel

jezebel Full Member

Start Weight:
    16st6lb
    Diet:
    slimming world
    hi vicky and welcome , hope everything goes well for you its my second time with slimming world also i lost last time quicker than this ah well we must keep trying lol good luck with your journey:wave_cry::party0038: xx

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.