Hi.

elizabeth

Silver Member
I'm elizabeth, just decided today to begin following the Food Optimising programme (green days only - am vegetarian). I've spent a little time finding my way around the programme before deciding, I think I've got the hang of it but may have to ask for some advice!

Hi Elizabeth,
I've just got here myself - but have found minimins to be such a friendly and supportive place. Good luck with your weight loss!

Hello & welcome to minimins.

Good luck with slimming world - and don't go too heavy with the "free" pasta....like I did when I did the plan. Think I took the "eat as much as you like" message to mean "stuff yourself silly with way more than you actually need or want!"

LRO xx

Thanks for the welcome, all. :)

Yes, I'd already decided that probably the best way for me to deal with the pasta issue is to stick with pre-set amounts, as in ready meals that are free or low syn on green days .... I really don't trust myself with it! Same with rice. I just love them so much and can eat enormous portions in one sitting.

I'm planning to base my eating around the free vegetables, pulses, cous cous instead. Hoping that will help.

Welcome to Minimins :) Good luck with SW

Hi Elizabeth and :welcome: to Minimins :)
Good luck with SW - hope its going well x

Hi Elizabeth and :welcome: to Minimins :)
Good luck with SW - hope its going well x

It seems to be going swimmingly, so far! I know it's only a week, but I feel about fifty times better than I have for years, and according to the scales this morning I'm 8lbs lighter. I've been eating three good meals a day (even cooked breakfasts!), haven't been hungry, and my energy levels seem to have increased dramatically.

And I haven't had pasta once! :D

Thanks for all your replies ladies, I'm feeling incredibly positive after my first week and hope to be around the boards for a while now. :)

It seems to be going swimmingly, so far! I know it's only a week, but I feel about fifty times better than I have for years, and according to the scales this morning I'm 8lbs lighter. I've been eating three good meals a day (even cooked breakfasts!), haven't been hungry, and my energy levels seem to have increased dramatically.

And I haven't had pasta once! :D

Thanks for all your replies ladies, I'm feeling incredibly positive after my first week and hope to be around the boards for a while now. :)

That's fantastic news :D - well done you!!!

Back