Hi ^^

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by xkawaiix, 1 January 2009 Social URL.

1. xkawaiix

xkawaiix Full Member

Hiya my name is Emma, I am a 24 year old girl and I have pretty much been struggling with my weight since I left school.
    When I left school I was a reasonable weight of 9.3 stone. I have always eaten wayyy over what would be a considered a normal calorie count because I tend to comfort eat. I eat massive portions and I know it. When I was a school kid I had to walk 4-5miles everyday, which helped to keep the over-eating at bay and because I was so self conscious at school I never ate there- which curbed my habits to an extent.

I need to loose around 30lb. I'm getting bigger and bigger and its making me very miserable tbh. I have tried dieting alone but because I eat for emotional reasons I tend to fail so I feel I need support from other people. Often I feel its just impossible for me to loose weight. I've now done some research and realised that too loose just one lb of fat I should I need to create a calorie deficit of 3500. I think its perversly made me feel a bit better because I now realise that expecting to drop 5lb in a week was never realistic and that actually I can loose weight (albeit slowly) (damn dieting suppliment campaigns)

I am the kind of girl who needs to see results in order to be encouraged so I am thinking I will give myself time to loose weight before weighing myself again. Good or bad idea anyone? Bear in mind I have extremly poor willpower.. like terrible.
    I am aiming to eat no more than 1300 calories per day. Using a calorie calculator I have worked out that I burn around 1826 calories per day so I can't really go any higher than that if I wish to loose any kind of realistic weight.

I don't wish to just stick to low carb but rather just moniter (calorie count) what I do eat. I am a vegetarian and thats not going to change (been one for 18 years) so high protein/low carb diets are not for me.

anyone who has been in a similar situation and lost weight feel free to give me some encouragement. I think sometimes its harder to loose the weight you need to loose if you are only a bit overweight.

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. IreneH

IreneH Gold Member

Diet:
    WW
    Hi and welcome. Good luck. I am sure you can do it

Irene xx

4. xkawaiix

xkawaiix Full Member

I hope so =)
    I dieted for 2 weeks leading up to christmas.. BAD MOVE. though I was really good for the two weeks it wasn't like I was going to miss out on the festive goodies - I don't have that kind of will power.
    So no theres no junk food in the house I think its going to be much easier for me to get back on track -_-

5. missy_ellie_uk

missy_ellie_uk Full Member

Start Weight:
    17st2lb
    Current Weight:
    17st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st1lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World newbie
    Hi Emma - I'm also new here and can relate to a lot of what you said. I'm also 24 and have been steadily putting on weight since I left school. I did have weight issues when I was at school, but actually was the perfect weight for my height then, unfortunately those days are long gone for me and I'm starting slimming world next week in an attempt to take control of things!

Good luck with your weight loss x

6. xkawaiix

xkawaiix Full Member

Thats the thing, when I was at school I thought I was overweight, though in reality 9.3 for a 5"5 girl is perfectly fine. Its only now that I'm much heavier that I realise that lol XD

7. Helsy

Helsy Full Member

Diet:
    Cambridge
    Good luck to you both.
    Happy New Year

8. cah-ching

cah-ching Gold Member

:wavey:

9. waynetta

waynetta I'm on the losers Rd.

Start Weight:
    21st8lb
    Current Weight:
    20st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st11lb(3.64%)
    Diet:
    Gastric Bypass
    Hello and welcome, good luck with your journey. x :)

10. miss_unknown

miss_unknown Banned

Start Weight:
    20st7lb
    Current Weight:
    20st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st4lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Diet, what diet?
    All the best to you both and gud luck on your weight loss journey

11. misscheeky

misscheeky Gold Member

:welcome: to minimins :)

12. Jim

Jim Big Boy

Start Weight:
    25st0lb
    Current Weight:
    13st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st1lb
    Lost(%):
    11st13lb(47.71%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Atkins Maintenance
    Hi Emma

I think many of us have been there love. You'll find plenty of support here at minimins.

13. xkawaiix

xkawaiix Full Member

thankyou for all your kind welcomes ^^

14. Curlz

Curlz Hiya Chucks!!

Hi Emma.welcome to our world.

15. Tanari

Tanari 100% Focused

Start Weight:
    14st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st4lb
    Diet:
    S&S
    [​IMG]

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.