Hi ^^

xkawaiix

Hiya my name is Emma, I am a 24 year old girl and I have pretty much been struggling with my weight since I left school.
When I left school I was a reasonable weight of 9.3 stone. I have always eaten wayyy over what would be a considered a normal calorie count because I tend to comfort eat. I eat massive portions and I know it. When I was a school kid I had to walk 4-5miles everyday, which helped to keep the over-eating at bay and because I was so self conscious at school I never ate there- which curbed my habits to an extent.

I need to loose around 30lb. I'm getting bigger and bigger and its making me very miserable tbh. I have tried dieting alone but because I eat for emotional reasons I tend to fail so I feel I need support from other people. Often I feel its just impossible for me to loose weight. I've now done some research and realised that too loose just one lb of fat I should I need to create a calorie deficit of 3500. I think its perversly made me feel a bit better because I now realise that expecting to drop 5lb in a week was never realistic and that actually I can loose weight (albeit slowly) (damn dieting suppliment campaigns)

I am the kind of girl who needs to see results in order to be encouraged so I am thinking I will give myself time to loose weight before weighing myself again. Good or bad idea anyone? Bear in mind I have extremly poor willpower.. like terrible.
I am aiming to eat no more than 1300 calories per day. Using a calorie calculator I have worked out that I burn around 1826 calories per day so I can't really go any higher than that if I wish to loose any kind of realistic weight.

I don't wish to just stick to low carb but rather just moniter (calorie count) what I do eat. I am a vegetarian and thats not going to change (been one for 18 years) so high protein/low carb diets are not for me.

anyone who has been in a similar situation and lost weight feel free to give me some encouragement. I think sometimes its harder to loose the weight you need to loose if you are only a bit overweight.

I hope so =)
I dieted for 2 weeks leading up to christmas.. BAD MOVE. though I was really good for the two weeks it wasn't like I was going to miss out on the festive goodies - I don't have that kind of will power.
So no theres no junk food in the house I think its going to be much easier for me to get back on track -_-

Hi Emma - I'm also new here and can relate to a lot of what you said. I'm also 24 and have been steadily putting on weight since I left school. I did have weight issues when I was at school, but actually was the perfect weight for my height then, unfortunately those days are long gone for me and I'm starting slimming world next week in an attempt to take control of things!

Good luck with your weight loss x

Hi Emma - I'm also new here and can relate to a lot of what you said. I'm also 24 and have been steadily putting on weight since I left school. I did have weight issues when I was at school, but actually was the perfect weight for my height then, unfortunately those days are long gone for me and I'm starting slimming world next week in an attempt to take control of things!

Good luck with your weight loss x

Thats the thing, when I was at school I thought I was overweight, though in reality 9.3 for a 5"5 girl is perfectly fine. Its only now that I'm much heavier that I realise that lol XD

:wavey:

Hello and welcome, good luck with your journey. x :)

Hi Emma

I have tried dieting alone but because I eat for emotional reasons I tend to fail so I feel I need support from other people. Often I feel its just impossible for me to loose weight.

I think many of us have been there love. You'll find plenty of support here at minimins.

Back