High Fibre

letsgetlosing

As Im getting a bit stuck in a rut Ive decided just to enhance my diet a bit by looking to increase my fibre intake. Apart from the obvious fruit and veg (which is already part of my diet thanks to SW) and the wholemeal choices available with pastas and rice, would you have any more suggestions- is there a particular veg or fruit that is higher in fibre than others?
Your help would be appreciated as I went totally off the rails this weekend. But its not my first blip and I just need to refocus on my plan. :)

I seem to b ethinkig at the moment, well Summers here, I can fit in my clothes so lets ease of the gas! I know this is crazy talk and I want to go back to how I felt a month ago- keen to weigh in and not eating cake and crisps which just make me feel gross :)

Why the drive to increase your fibre intake in particular? I would just aim to follow the plan and be 100% every day.

PatchworkPuss said:
Why the drive to increase your fibre intake in particular? I would just aim to follow the plan and be 100% every day.

I agree with this.

But, things like Ryvita, and in particular ScanBran will really push up your fibre intake. Scanbran is 40% fibre, so if you have 5 as a healthy extra, you're getting something like 20g of fibre!

Well I was being very lapse with my HEb choices, sometimes not having them at all....so am making sure I get them back in.
Cheers guys x
But what do you think of wholmeal pasta versus white pasta? Would it make any significant difference?

letsgetlosing said:
Well I was being very lapse with my HEb choices, sometimes not having them at all....so am making sure I get them back in.
Cheers guys x
But what do you think of wholmeal pasta versus white pasta? Would it make any significant difference?

White pasta can't be used as a HEb, it would have to be wholewheat anyway! I find it fills me up for longer-and has a nice almost Nutty texture-I've even found I prefer the Wholegrain pasta and sauces to the ordinary ones too :)

http://www.minimins.com/slimming-world-weight-loss-diary/187905-jos-journey-infinity-beyond.html

Am on Green so pastas not one of my HE choices anyway. Have been having wetabix but now having that as well as ryvitas or a wholemeal bap. Seems to be regulating me if you Know what i mean!

Back