High protein, protein shakes etc

SageMacd

Hi guys

last time I was on this forum there was no Paleo/Primal!! I'm so happy it's here now.

A bit of background info. 3 years ago I put on a lot of weight I decided Atkins was the diet I fancied. I lost a lot of weight on this and stuck to it religiously at first then went on to just low carbing. I managed to loose 3 and a half stone in 7 months. Before I had a lot of health problems, urine/kidney infections every month that I had to take constant antibiotics for. Going low carb made a lot of my health problems disappear, I got some tests and it turns out I'm intolerant to gluten and yeast.

After some research I decided to try going primal and I loved it!! Made me feel amazing. Since then I have done a lot of working out, lifting heavy weights and trying to get good muscle definition I have sadly started taking in a kind of lazy body builders diet.

I want to go back Primal but I still need to try and keep my protein intake up to 110g a day. I was just wondering if anyone has any advice on this. Am I going to need to totally give up protein shakes or are there any primal friendly ones out there?

thanks
Sage

Anyone tried this?

Grass fed hormone free raw organic whey protein concentrate

PINK SUN Super Deluxe Whey protein concentrate ( made by Ori Hofmekler, Defense Nutrition ) is flavoured with all natural and organic ingredients and is made from raw milk produced via cold processing from cows who graze on pesticide free grass and have not been treated with hormones.

Yes this is the one I use. If you get the unflavoured variety then you do need to mix into greek yoghurt or blend it with fruit into a shake as the taste on its own is very like dried milk.

protein shakes are a great backstop. but can't beat the fat which comes with natural meat. I have them most mornings because of the coveinience, but i don't know if they are primal. I consider myself low carb anyways - so it isn't a big issue for me.

I love my protein shakes.... I use the phd whey.... prob not primal... but i only have 2 or 3 week after crossfit....

x

Back