Higher calorie allowance?

There seem to be a lot of people here on around 1200 calories. I stick to 1800-2000 even though mfp gave me 1410, because if I go that low I find I end up craving and bingeing. I lose weight nicely on my higher limit, I was wondering if anyone else finds this?

To be honest mine usually fluctuates between 800-1300 in the week - nearest 1200 most days but weekends probably nearer 6000 over Friday- Sunday. So the week ends up at about 12,000 which is similar to your 12,600 at 1,800 a day over the week.

However my losses have been pretty crap recently. Hoping to be a bit more accurate in tracking them from now on to keep my momentum up.

I lost nicely on 1800 to start with, but I had 10 stone to lose, so I was bound to lose on a higher level at first. I've gradually decreased my intake over the last 15 months, and have lost 7 stone so far. Currently on 1400 a day, and I can't imagine reducing it much below that. If you're losing on 1800 carry on with it - there's then plenty of scope for reducing it as the losses slow down. All the best. xx

Yep. I'm on 1700 and have been sincyi started at 20stone 13lb.

14 weeks, in and still averaging 2lb a week so no desire to drop. If i do start to plateau i may reassess my calorie level.

I am just starting calorie counting. Today is my first day. Mfp recommends 1500 so gonna try that ser how it goes x

huwiesmummy said:
Hello there! nice to see you over here ;)

I was thinking of doing 1200 but may see what MFP wants me to do and try that way.

I know! I got a bit messed up, just going to go to basics and see how I get on. Just gonna try eat healthy but keep an eye on calories x

Back