Highs and lows...

Tiger Girl

Hi everyone

What a truly up and down day. I'll start with the ups. Well, I couldn't have felt anymore fabulous as I set off to work today. I managed to catch up with a friend who I've not seen for over a month and she was raving about how I look. After that I popped to my class - the zero loss of last week and the great week I've had has totally paid off. A 7lb loss (thankyou Dulcolax) Just what I needed. Puts my numbers completely on track to have lost an unbelievable 8st by end July if I lose an average of 3lb per week for the next 7 weeks, aka end of Development. So as of today, I've lost 5 and a half stone. I was walking on air back to the office.

Got a cab home after the pub and was greeted by my cabbie with the words 'so when are you due?' It took me quite a while to work out that he actually thought I was pregnant. I honestly could've cried. I do have a dress on today which is all nipped in under the boobs and I guess is quite blousy/smocky - it's a size 16 and probably too big for me...but do I really look pregnant? I've come home and can't shake it off. I can't get it out of my head. I've had 2 bars in half an hour (I know, starting week 17 and seriously, I DO know better, I really do)
I'm so upset. How do you deal with this kind of thing?

Thats the problem with the smocky stuff...even twiggy would look pregnant! Bloody rude of him if you ask me so I'd just ignore it & move on! You've done so well so dont sabotage yourself. Do your nails, have a pamper & chill. Stay off the bars, although how you eat them is beyond me! Big hugs!

JUST IGNORE IT PLEEEEEEEZE!!!!

Got a cab home after the pub and was greeted by my cabbie with the words 'so when are you due?' It took me quite a while to work out that he actually thought I was pregnant. I honestly could've cried. I do have a dress on today which is all nipped in under the boobs and I guess is quite blousy/smocky - it's a size 16 and probably too big for me...but do I really look pregnant? I've come home and can't shake it off. I can't get it out of my head. I've had 2 bars in half an hour (I know, starting week 17 and seriously, I DO know better, I really do)
I'm so upset. How do you deal with this kind of thin

Awww, bless you! Please try to ignore it, it IS those smocky tops that do it. I wont wear them for that very reason as despite losing 5 1/2stone so far (hey...snap!!) my tum is still pretty rotund.

Just dont take it personally. It was probably meant as a kind, interested comment and not designed to upset you the way it has. Focus on the positive, try hard not to let it mess with your head. You are doing so very well, you know it!!

Thanks guys. Really appreciate the support :)

Sez we really are snapsy's! And would you believe I've had to take a Dulcolax tonight...god, that truly is quite a spooky coincidence! How are things with you on that front?

It's definitely your top, please put it out of your mind. I think they're awful and haven't bought any because of the way they look on me --- those skirts that are all the rage look really bad on me too, you know the ones that puff out - I fell for a gorgeous one in Monsoon and it looked dreadful when I tried it on ..... don't think being only 5'1" helped with that.

You're doing amazingly well and you should be feeling great.

Cath

Totally agree about the smocks - they weren't flattering first time round. I'm very surprised they've made a comeback - as ISOM says even thin people look dodgy wearing them.

Hope this "pregnant" story makes you feel better: A builder working on a house near us came to my door to ask something. He looked at me and asked when the baby was due. Fortunately I found that extremely amusing as I'd given birth a few days previously:D. He was so embarrassed when I showed him my baby! To be fair, I'd had pre-eclampsia quite severely and was still like a balloon. It did make me feel a bit depressed though.

Back