1. MiniMins members lost 144 Stone in January! Why not join in the conversation today?
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi Guest, let me just say that you are awesome for signing up to MiniMins. Your account is now validated. Your first few posts will be moderated. This is mainly to prevent spam showing on our forum. Dont worry we will get to your post most likely within 30 minutes between 8am and 11pm. Thanks again!
    Dismiss Notice

Hints/Tips for Crispy Bacon??

Discussion in 'Slimming World Recipes' started by Maverick, 12 January 2014 Social URL.

1. Maverick

Maverick Well-Known Member

Has anyone got any??

I love bacon but whenever I cook it in frylight it seems to be really chewy and not particularly nice at all...

Is dry frying in a cold pan the way to go??

Or oven baking??

Or synning the oil and being done with it??!!

xxx

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

Register a free account with MiniMins and join in the conversation!
  3. Maverick

Do you put in a really hot oven?? Do you need to turn it??

4. leatrix

leatrix Member

I microwave mine; my sister was horrified when she found out, but has since had to admit that my bacon tastes great :) I bought a bacon microwave plate (under a fiver), then place the bacon on, cover with a piece kitchen towel and bob on normal cook for 4 minutes, it *always* comes out lovely and crisp!

5. chocko1

chocko1 Well-Known Member

I just grill mine and it's always crispy. If I'm feeling lazy and don't want to wash the grill pan, I just stick some foil over the rack. :)

Kathy

6. Superfree Princess

Superfree Princess Well-Known Member

I George Foreman everything

Sent from my GT-I9195 using MiniMins.com mobile app

7. Maverick

The thought of cooking any meat in a microwave doesn't appeal to me, but I may have to get one of those plates just to try it!

My grill doesn't work at the moment... In fact, my whole oven is very temperamental which is why I was asking about the temp for the oven, mine currently will only go up to 170!!!:rolleyes:

Have never really used my George Foreman, might need to give it a try!

Thanks for the ideas Ladies :)