Hips..

jenna113

....when did you notice your hips 'disappear'? after how long? i know everyone is different, but you must have noticed at some point in the diet?

TODAY - someone said you almost have no bum and hips - I think that is a slight overreaction but they do look better. I have been on this diet 7 weeks so keep going................

Hi
my hips have always been the biggest problem for me, always had gaping waistbands to accomodate them, but I found that although I was essentially the same shape, they did get considerably smaller after a few weeks. Now at 2 stone away from goal I am still hippy - but in more proportion, I will never be slim hipped with visible hipbones as my shape won't change from pear (boo hoo) but with everything else much smaller just highlight the bits you like best and nobody will even notice the bits that you feel are a problem. Besides, womanly figures are far more attractive to men - despite that fact that all they ever ogle on tv/street/web are big boobed perfect 10's - well in their dreams I say as most of these "types" are very artificial anyhow. You will notice a difference soon enough if ,as I did, you carry most of your weight there.
Good Luck x

i carry my weight all over. not really pear shaped ...

but with 18.5lbs off, i wd expect a shift..but nothing yet.

maybe tonight's weigh in will indicate some inch losses!! :p

Most of my weight is round my bum, tum and hips in 11 wks i lost 12 inches off my hips ....though to me they are still huge, well they are as I still have a long way to go.

Week 10 or 11 for me... My hips are still there, but they've gotten SO much smaller proportionally. All of the sudden everyone was commenting... this must have been as I hit 4 stone or so.

aha...interesting!

well done to all of ya hip losers ;)

Hi

It's funny cos I had forgotten what my shape was it has been "barrell" for so long LOL.

As I am losing weight I have notices that the top half seems to be loking slimmer than everywhere else - I do have big, tum, bum & thights, but can feel my hip bone now and have not been able to do that without really probing for a long time (lololol).

I think I must be pear shaped but my view of myself is so distorted I am not sure, it was a huge shockl to wake up one morning and realise that I was fat!

I always think the first place you put on is the last place to shift.

I found when I got down to BMI 23, my hips were the same measurement as my bust - for the first time ever!!!

The thing about vlcds is that it does shift that stubborn fat around your nether regions so you are no longer pear shaped!! And if that's not a fabulous thing, I don't know what is!! lol

Be patient - you will have slinky hips!!

xx

i do hope so - it is getting a tad frustrating now.

I lost 2 inches in the 1-4 weeks, another 4 in the 4-12 weeks and have since lost another 4 in weeks 12-18. Gone from 47.5 to 37.5. I guess we all put on and lose from different places. Saying that I have lost pretty much ten inches from my chest, waist and hips so am now 37.5, 29,37.5. I would not have told you that before!

Back