Hit A Wall

Hey guys! I've been mooching around here for ages now bit never really posted anything! I've been doing slimming world for exactly a year now and I've lost 5.5 stone which I still can't quite believe, however since before Xmas I just can't get back into the swing of things! Every week I buy all friendly foods, eat that then go find something bad to eat as well! Normally I'm really good, but since moving to uni I'm finding it hard to make the fantastic meals, instead im settling for noodles all the time! Although this is because I don't really like the people I live with so dont feel comfortable making the huge slimming world portions in front of them :(
I really hope I find my slimming world mojo soon, if anyone spies one lying around, send it my way please!! Xx

bet theres a whole pile of mojos somewhere, mine included! I am struggling too, since xmas I have eaten healthily but the xmas excess just doesn't want to shift - pahhhh, we will get there am sure, those scales had better move this week else I will have a full blown paddy!!!:sigh:

Helen xx

ps welcome to minimins and congrats on your weightloss!!!

Try and remember the bad things about being over 5 stone overweight, how you felt back then, the negative feelings and then work from that. You have done amazingly losing so much weight so it would be a shame if you put it back on.

You don't have to have "huge slimming world portions", just try making enough to take the hunger away or make big portions and freeze some so you have "ready meals". Don't let what other people think ruin your goals.

I've found this forum invaluable for support, ideas, recipes and info. What kind of SW meals do you like? Could you not incorporate your "noodles" into your meals some how, syn them and have them with veg and stuff?

Thanks for the replies! I never really thought about adding veggies to noodles, but I'll defo give it a go! However we have 2 shelves in a freezer shared between 6 people and it mainly filled with large pizzas and ready meals, not really any room to cook in bulk :( defo finding it harder now I can't afford babybells and alpen lights for healthy extras! I just need to buckle down and get on with it now!
Good look to everyone else! And thank you for the warm welcome! :D xxx

what are the restrictions with regards to having your own freezer in your room maybe?

That's a really good idea and it would be a great investment to keep you on the straight 'n' narrow with your food.

Sunflower. said:
Thanks for the replies! I never really thought about adding veggies to noodles, but I'll defo give it a go! However we have 2 shelves in a freezer shared between 6 people and it mainly filled with large pizzas and ready meals, not really any room to cook in bulk :( defo finding it harder now I can't afford babybells and alpen lights for healthy extras! I just need to buckle down and get on with it now!
Good look to everyone else! And thank you for the warm welcome! :D xxx

I used to get babybells too but it does get expensive, I now just get any low fat cheese (in a block) and I just cut it up into 42g blocks and put it in foil in the fridge!! (just a good job we don't get a drugs raid! Ha ha) and as for alpen light bars aldi do a cheaper alternative xxx hope this helps, and don't let what others think of you get to you xx

When I shared a flat with my ex and my best friend and her b/f, I had the same problem. There was only a small fridge with a freezer shelf. My best friend was veggie and I wasn't, and the freezer was full of her veggie stuff and she would get huffy if I put meat in there (even though it was well packaged). In the end I bought a second hand chest freezer for £20, it wasn't a huge thing, but it was enough for me to put my stuff in, and I put it in my bedroom.

I used to have my own little fridge in my room at uni... I used to have a toaster in my room as well. It made getting breakfast in the morn alot easier!

Ahh I wish I could have a freezer in my room, however the uni is really strict on electrical appliances in rooms! No mini fridges, toasters, kettles, slow cookers, even fairy lights and those multi plug adapters!! :(
Will have to pop to aldi to have a look at those cereal bars! Thanks! Xx

Back